IGNORED

Need Help Creating a Backup Floppy

MagicMarc-er

So I'm replaying Ultima IV this year from original floppies (1200XL, 1050 and Indus GT drives). I did Ultima III last year. I'm about 70% done but noticed the Britannia disk (side 3) has a glitch when I search for Mandrake or Nightshade. Sometimes the floppy will just keep hunting and sometimes the screen will fill with miscellaneous sprites from other parts of the game so I have to reboot. I'm worried I will get close to the end of the game and find something even more serious. 

I'd like to make a new Disk 2 (sides 3&4) but I've not had any success using Sdrive Max or Maxflash in conjunction with a 1050 before. (my sdrive came from the Brewing Academy and I think it has the mod to make it play with the 1050).  I also admit that I'm not sure whether I should be trying to copy an XEX, ATR or other file. 

Anyone care to advise me on how I should go about this?  I thought maybe I'd buy a new one on ebay but, wow, not at those prices. 

If your 1050 and SDrive Max both work if they are the only device in the SIO bus chain, then you might set both to D1 and sector copy from D1: to D1:, but swap devices instead of disks. ;)

Target format is ATR, an image of the whole disk. 

Edited by DjayBee