IGNORED

Decathlon 5200--how to start 2p??

unoclay

I cannot seem to add a second player.  I have 2 joysticks plugged in, and the keypad seems to do nothing.  I can only seem to start the game in 1p mode.  

A manual online says "pull back" and press the button....but doesnt seem to be working.  

Any advice?

On 3/26/2020 at 9:07 PM, unoclay said:

I cannot seem to add a second player.  I have 2 joysticks plugged in, and the keypad seems to do nothing.  I can only seem to start the game in 1p mode.  

A manual online says "pull back" and press the button....but doesnt seem to be working.  

Any advice?

press lower red button then pull back 

This may be another Activision anomaly; Activision's 2600->5200 ports were abysmal, right down to the cartridge PCBs.  Their non-2600 titles (Dreadnaught and Zone Ranger) were actually very good.

I have the same problem with Pitfall, I get on a vine, but can't get off, because there's no downward movement, across all 4 joysticks.  I also can't go down ladders.  I'm sure there's a solution; I feel like it's an overly sensitive analog register in the ROM. . . not sure.  Pitfall 2. . . no problem.

in pitfall, was playing the other night, and i think i needed to press a button AND move the stick to disembark a vine.  I sort of did a forward>down forward>down movement.  Maybe a button press.

I actually like several of the activision games i have, if memory serves.  And Decathalon is a great game---but you need 2p to truly enjoy it.  There has GOT to be a way to get it to work.