IGNORED

WI-FI Modem and Commodore 64

DavidC

I have a wi-fi modem for my C64 that was sold by Commodore4Ever.  I was trying to use my cell phone as a "Hotspot" and not having any luck.  I can get it to connect and it shows the i.p. address and everything on the terminal program ok, but then my 64 locks up.  The only way to reset it is to turn the computer off. Has anyone used one of these devices with a cell phone sucsessfully?  If so, what did you use for baud rate and modem type in the terminal program?  I know it will work, I know it will....

Just ask Commodore4Ever. He's a good guy and will help you with it.

The wifi you connect to has nothing to do with locking up anything if it successfully connects. If you can read the text saying it connected, you have the correct baud rate set. Use the modern versions of CCGMS...

Edited by R.Cade
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, R.Cade said:

Yeah, I suppose I shoulda thought of that...lol.  But out of curiosity I am still wondering if anyone has in fact made it work with a cell phone "hot spot".

9 hours ago, R.Cade said:

The wifi you connect to has nothing to do with locking up anything if it successfully connects. If you can read the text saying it connected, you have the correct baud rate set. Use the modern versions of CCGMS...

Yes I have the modern version of CCGMS and yes the computer locked up. I had it set per the instruction video on you tube Modem type 9600 up and baud rate 9600.   I am thinking maybe those setting work for regular wi-fi adaptations but not for using a cell phone as a source.  I guess I will experiment a bit and see if I can get it to work.   I was hoping someone has done this before and had a tried and true method.  I guess I will be the first..lol.  See what happens.  And just to clarify..I have no idea what I am doing...This is all new to me. 

Edited by DavidC
to clarify

• 2 weeks later...