IGNORED

adventure on 7800

bradhig1

Wow! Even though I don't really follow the 5200 the same way I try to be knowledgable of all things 7800, I'm ashamed to say that I've never seen this game before. Adventure 2 looks amazing!!! 

Anyone out there think a homebrew version of this is possible on the 7800? Aside from side scrollers, real-time adventure RPGs is the #1 category lacking in the 7800 library. I think making the main character sprite an actual character (and not a block) would be a big upgrade and that this game could look visually incredible on the ProSystem. Can you imagine this game with 7800 graphics with a main character looking something like this? - 

1476426763_7800realpixelaspectratio.thumb.PNG.02b2aca3e0219a609a533610af6285ac.png.a2210ecc63d6c4321290e5d8b401f66e.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aaron1677 said:

I think making the main character sprite an actual character (and not a block) would be a big upgrade and that this game could look visually incredible on the ProSystem.

There was actually a vote on this and the square won out. Having said that, it is possible to change the main character's appearance in the game. But the square was an artist decision done on purpose.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aaron1677 said:

Wow! Even though I don't really follow the 5200 the same way I try to be knowledgable of all things 7800, I'm ashamed to say that I've never seen this game before. Adventure 2 looks amazing!!! 

Anyone out there think a homebrew version of this is possible on the 7800? Aside from side scrollers, real-time adventure RPGs is the #1 category lacking in the 7800 library. I think making the main character sprite an actual character (and not a block) would be a big upgrade and that this game could look visually incredible on the ProSystem. Can you imagine this game with 7800 graphics with a main character looking something like this? - 

1476426763_7800realpixelaspectratio.thumb.PNG.02b2aca3e0219a609a533610af6285ac.png.a2210ecc63d6c4321290e5d8b401f66e.png

If you have a character instead of a block it is too big. You can get stuck and the way the square moves at angles since it is smaller is the best way imo.

Here are some demo vids if Adventure II XE since you never heard of it. 

It would be cool for someone to make an all new and unique Adventure homage for 7800.  It could easily support scrolling, colorful displays with multicolored sprites and no flickering. I would not advise naming it Adventure III however,  else you risk litigation!  

Mind you, a 5200 / XE version could likewise support more detailed player sprites and scrolling if programmed with those things on mind.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cafeman said:

Here are some demo vids if Adventure II XE since you never heard of it. 

It would be cool for someone to make an all new and unique Adventure homage for 7800.  It could easily support scrolling, colorful displays with multicolored sprites and no flickering. I would not advise naming it Adventure III however,  else you risk litigation!  

Mind you, a 5200 / XE version could likewise support more detailed player sprites and scrolling if programmed with those things on mind.

Yeah, it could just be called "Adventure II" and it could be a direct port. Or if it's a unique quest, a simple rename would work. "Adventure 7800" or something. 

As far as the character sprite, wouldn't a small main character sprite work? I just think having a character like this would make the whole experience better: 

1464413819_ScreenShot2020-04-06at12_21_35PM.png.cd3083b7046b2f2b5ad2f1be07894c96.png

On 4/6/2020 at 10:22 PM, aaron1677 said:

As far as the character sprite, wouldn't a small main character sprite work? I just think having a character like this would make the whole experience better:

I did a sprite for Adventure II for the 8-Bit, but I was too late in the production..  maybe my chubby knight will find a home someday  !!

knight9.gif.336996497ec3e4321bc11496fdeb748f.gif

Edited by TIX
  • Like 1