IGNORED

5200 4 port box question

RangerG

I walked into the local used video game store today and near the usual small stack of 2600 commons in the corner (which have been there forever) were a stack of 5200 games. I spent $85 today but walked out with 15 5200 games with manuals (including Return of the Jedi -- Death Star Battle) and three boxed 5200 systems. One is in perfect condition and the other two are great but missing controllers. I was sad because just yesterday they threw out eight 5200 controllers because they couldn't get them to work. I spent a bit, but I am happy and should be able to make my money back via Ebay on the systems (the games I keep . One question though: the boxed four port came in a much smaller box with a picture of a two port on front. I figured that it was in the wrong box, but the serial numbers match. Was the smaller box the earlier one (usually Atari starts off big and gets smaller), and why the 2 port picture with a 4 port inside? Thanks! -- RG

Chris --

Maybe you are right, but why would someone switch serial # stickers? I didn't even know they made a small 5200 box (I have always seen the big one). This one is lighter grey and almost half the size. Both boxes say 1983. Did they still make 4 ports in 1983?