IGNORED

Atari Spotted in video:

snicklin

It won't last long using that slam technique to insert cartridges.

Turns out Trans-X released that song around the time the XLs came out.

The video looks much more modern day though - and check what looks like a wall mounted LCD TV (and looking somewhat slimline even for 2009)

OK... hold the presses!  Look at 1:17.  Typing a listing from a book, and that is most definitely an Atari Basic program!

Edited by Rybags
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rybags said:

It won't last long using that slam technique to insert cartridges.

Turns out Trans-X released that song around the time the XLs came out.

The video looks much more modern day though - and check what looks like a wall mounted LCD TV (and looking somewhat slimline even for 2009)

OK... hold the presses!  Look at 1:17.  Typing a listing from a book, and that is most definitely an Atari Basic program!

Yep, Trans X brought it out around 1983 or so (seems like a 1981 song to me though) and this group were somewhere around 2006 or 2008 as far as I can tell.

I knew it was Atari Basic when I saw 'Drawto' in the code.

Edit: For those that don't know the original song, here it is: 

p.p.s. If he likes flying through hyperspace, has he been playing Star Raiders? And was he using an 850 interface?

Edited by snicklin
  • Like 3

Very cool for many reasons.  The song's pretty hip.  This vid was obviously a takeoff on the 80's movie "Weird Science" (Kelly Lebroc, Anthony Michael Hall, Bill Paxton as Chet) where Gary & Wyatt create their dream girl.  There are also hints from the song, "Simply Irresistible (She's so fine, there's no telling where the money went)" with the girl they created and her movements.   They are using Atari Basis, I saw a Drawto command.  Atari 800XL, an Apple all infused in this vid. Cood video.  Joystick too.  Thanks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rybags said:

I want to know now what book that is.  There's a whole bunch of plot/drawtos, taking the trouble to work some of that page out and running them might give a clue.

I can only see a few lines on the page when pausing the video. I've tried Googling the code, to see if it will reveal a book which has been indexed. This was without luck.

Great comment from Preppie!