IGNORED

AtariAge very very slow ???

By me is AtariAge very very slow. Is this only a probleme by me, or has someone else this probleme too?

I must wait some minutes if I click on a link by messages. Has AtariAge some problems with the Servers from the Messagesboard?

Or is this a probleme with my computer?

Other websites work good. But here is everything slow.

Generally the site is very snappy for me. The message boards and main site are run from the same server, and it's a dedicated server so we're not sharing it with anyone else. Almost always if the site seems slow, it's a network problem between where you are located and the site. You can always try a tracert to atariage.com to see where it slows down. Is it always slow for you or just something you're having problems with today?

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by MattyXB:

Maybe a probleme with some servers in germany? But all other sites work great.

It's probably not any servers in Germany. Your packets go through a good number of computers and routers before they find their way to Houston, Texas. If AtariAge is the only site you're having problems with, then it's likely that all the other sites you're hitting aren't going through the same path and hitting the same bottleneck. Again, you can try a traceroute to see where the packets are getting bogged down on their journey, as well as give you an idea of how many hops it takes to get from there to here..

..Al

Here what tracert me say. Don't know the probleme. But before AtariAge is a *. What does it mean?

tracertatariage.jpg

Does it mean, that someone get lost?

Sometime it don't work at point 12.

I have it try more time. And there are only problems by 12 - 13. So I don't think its a probleme here in germany. 12 is one before AtariAge. I think that mean, that this must a probleme in USA, or I am wrong?

[ 05-03-2002: Message edited by: MattyXB ]

quote:

Originally posted by MattyXB:

Here what tracert me say. Don't know the probleme. But before AtariAge is a *. What does it mean?

Yes, * means timeout. That results in lost packets and drastically can reduce performance.

My traceroute shows 23 servers until AtariAge, and sometimes I'm getting timeouts at the last but one [207.218.223.36] and at AtariAge.

quote:

Originally posted by ren.dhark:

same problem here (even with dsl)

I'm sorry you guys are having problems, but everything is definitely okay with the server right now so it has to be something in the route from Germany to Houston, Texas, which is where the server lives. Whatever it is, hope it clears up soon so you both have a more pleasurable AtariAge experience.

..Al

Only today (ok, sometimes in the past, but only for hours).

But today it is very very slow. And I have DSL too. In the moment its a bit better, but slow at all.

Maybe a probleme with some servers in germany? But all other sites work great.

Okay, after talking with our host provider's tech support, they have confirmed that there is a problem that is only affecting people hitting their network from Germany. They are working on the problem, although I wasn't able to get an ETA out of them. They said it seems to be affecting people coming in through "t-online.de", although it could be broader than that (this is just what they've seen).

Is the site still slow for you guys in Germany?

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Skatepunk60:

Very fast for me and my cable modem

It's quite fast for me also, at work (over a T1 connection), at home (over a cable modem), at various spots while I was in Philadelphia and driving back to Austin (over a dial-up, but the site still came up quickly), and a few days ago at a friend's house in Dallas, also on a cable modem (different company than I use). It sucks that some people in Europe are having problems, and I hope that the issue is resolved soon. While AtariAge might be hosted in the US, we do get a very large number of foreign visitors..

..Al