IGNORED

Adventure in used game land

Yesterday I went to GameStop to maybe buy a game. I was very tempted to buy Skies of Arcadia Legends, but at $50 new and $45 used, that was a bit high for me now. So I looked around at the used SNES and N64 games. They had a buy 2 used games get 1 free deal going on so I got 3 games for just under $10.

(SNES) ZOOP- I never played this game before; all I knew was that it was a puzzle game, and I like a good puzzle game. (plus it was only $4) The game was like no other puzzle game I had played (which is a good thing). Basically, you control a ship in the center of the screen and shoot colored lazer beams at the shapes converging in on you from all sides. If you shoot a shape of the same color as you lazer, it get knocked off the screen. If you shoot a different color shape as your lazer, you swap your lazer color with that shape. It had a nice assortment of music too! I'm happy with it!

(SNES) James Bond Jr.- I rented this game a long time ago and remembered that it had challenging helicopter shooting sessions. The game came down to 3 stages, each with a shooting part and a platforming part. The platforming was a pleasant challenge. However, I was disapointed that there were only 3 levels.

(N64) Bio Freaks- Ah, the N64 had no shortage of crappy fighting games. This was another game I had rented a long time ago; I remembered that the character design was very cool. I knew the game probably wouldn't be too good, but for $3 I decided to buy it.

The game has a neat atmosphere. The characters are a mix of cyborgs with giant guns who can also fly for a limited amount of time. There are a large selection of special moves, and they can be brought up in a menu to view at any time. The other aspect of the game is that it's very gory. You can chop off limbs and have blood spraying everywhere.

The game was worth it just to try out all the special moves in practice mode. The actual game, however, was tough. I am determined that it's impossible to beat the game even on the easiest difficulty. The final boss is the most insane boss ever and there is no way to beat it.

So, has anyone here played any of those games? I might go back and get a few more cheap used games sometime. Is Forsaken 64 any good? Anyone else occasionaly pick up a bunch of cheap used games?

I only played Zoop on GameBoy. I didn't like it.

Anyway, I guess all GameStop's are doing that deal. I really like it. I'm taking advantage of it extremely tomorrow.

I'm just wondering how they decide which games are free.

If I get 9 games for instance.

Priced at multiple prices, in order of price:

$20, 17, 15, 15, 10, 5, 5, 4, 2

Will I get every 3 free in order? Being the 15, 5 and 2? Or just the bottom three? Being the 5, 4 and 2.

Cause if it's the latter, I'd just make multiple purchases.

Logically I'd think to save trouble with customers, they'd do it the first way because having worked at a store with a deal like that where I had to manually enter the free thing, there are customers who will complain about it. So I always just defaulted to every 3 in price order.

I have Jag Zoop too- kinda addictive, fun game to show people. It was released cross-platform (many systems) but it's not necessarily a "ship" shooting "lazer beams", for those who may think it's a space shooter. Then again, maybe they did that for the SNES version, or it was an easy way for Paralistalon to describe it.

If Forsaken64 is the same game for PSX, I'd pass. It's a forgettable subpar 3D shooter by Acclaim, not awful but not great. It has several levels, good soundtrack (the game disc plays as a music CD, but that's N/A to a 64 owner), & many playable characters. Try it if you've never played it, but you won't be amazed. I guess it's worth $3 if it's there next time you go.

i played zoop for the SNES a long time ago. i love puzzle games like puzzle fighter 2 turbo and bust-a-move. i remember zoop being extremely hard on anything but the easiest level. it was fun though because of how challenging it was.

and I like a good puzzle game

Paralistalon, what other puzzle games are you a fan of?