IGNORED

Xenoblade

On 6/23/2020 at 4:53 AM, Steven Pendleton said:

but if you're like me and don't know how the other characters work, it's super awkward.

I've finished the main game and -- other than the initial test drives and the moments where the game forces you to use them --  I've never used any characters other than Shulk, Reyn, and Sharla.   When I tried them out, it just felt awkward as you mentioned. 

13 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

I've finished the main game and -- other than the initial test drives and the moments where the game forces you to use them --  I've never used any characters other than Shulk, Reyn, and Sharla.   When I tried them out, it just felt awkward as you mentioned. 

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I vaguely remember doing the same too when doing the 3DS version, just the same three as the additional ones felt just off, flow breaking?  Not sure how to put it.

Yeah, I don't have a desire to/see a need to use anyone other than Shulk. Apparently the "best" strategy is to use Shulk/Melia as the player character, Reyn, and Dunban, and just kill everything before you die.

Melia's AI is sub-par, though, so I guess you have to control her. There are those few parts where you have to play as her when she's alone, and that was annoying since I had absolutely no idea how to use her and I died like 4 or 5 times figuring out how to use her.

Honestly, I haven't been playing this game at all recently. I've been focusing on other games again. Still, I plan to get back to it eventually. Maybe I'll do it this weekend.