IGNORED

ANSI Editor

9640News

Was there ever an ANSI editor written for the TI-99/4A?  I know Tim had a viewer for the MDOS/Geneve (VCLR as I recall), but nothing that created ANSI screens without perhaps a bunch of transliteration or control codes in TI-Writer/MyWord.  Looking for a WYSIWYG type display that then saves the encoded text file.

If anyone is aware of an ANSI editor that can be run from a telnet connection to localhost:23 on the Raspberry PI using a ANSI Telnet client, then that would be good or even better as well.

Working on a method to create ANSI text files to be used on a TIPI BBS without having to step to using another non-TI/Geneve setup to accomplish the editing for the AfterHours BBS program.

Thanks for any feedback.

Beery

I do not know of any ansi editors for the TI/Geneve.  I had butchered PORT once upon a time into a color ANSI editor but that was lost many moons ago thanks to a drive crash at a faire.   I used The Draw and other similar programs back in the day after that, and wrote a small program where I remotely upload the ansi files from the PC to Heatwave, then run a quick 'fixer' routine that asks for the size of the file on the PC (in bytes) and adds NULL termination to the final record in the appropriate spot.  (This is necessary because the transferred file is DIS/FIXed 128).

ANSI TOOLs is a program I wrote to convert the line graphics composed in Funnelweb into displayable, ibm graphics.  Later Funnelweb versions expanded the character set so the program is pretty much obsolete except for the fact that Telco only recognized a small subset of characters, so I often used the old funnelweb for compatibility with that user base.  (Back then I didn't know what ANSI stood for so the program name isn't really appropriate).

• Like 1

Thanks for the files and the information.  I'll copy it over to my TIPI drive tonight to see what if it is sufficiently compatible with AfterHours BBS use.  If it terminates each line with a >0D byte, then all I may need to add is a >00 byte at the end for BBS use.

However, if I want color, I may have to go to something on the Raspberry PI. Me personally, I would like to see some color in addition to some of the redefined character sets.

Beery

If you end up going to a non-TI for ANSI work, there is PabloDraw which is multi platform, Linux and Windows.  I use AcidDraw, it is similar to the program Tim mentioned (The Draw) but on steroids.  You’ll need to use a DOS computer, or DOSBox to run either The Draw or AcidDraw.

• Like 1