IGNORED

Excellent condition Amiga 500 (not my auction)

OLD CS1

This is not my auction, but I had a great conversation with the seller.  It is an Amiga 500 in beautiful-looking condition, Rev 5 mainboard, KS1.2, external floppy drive, power supply, and an M-501 RAM and clock board (A501 compatible) with button cell battery.

He does not have the Kickstart disks, but you can get those pretty easily.  It was given to its previous owner by his employer but never used, then sold at an estate sale.

I think $550 might be a little high, but not outrageous, and he is open to offers.

https://ebay.com/itm/254586376427

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eightbit said:

That is nice, but you are right on the price. $350 I can see...

Do you know what that yellow dongle is for?

unfortunately the guy is in canada, so he is going to get hammered on shipping costs

personally I find the amiga and atari st so intriguing but the terrible 1 button controller decision and how pal heavy they are is a real turn off for me.

20 hours ago, eightbit said:

Do you know what that yellow dongle is for?

I did not ask.  I assume, seeing how this was given to the original owner by his employer, it is probably a lock-out or licensing dongle for a commercial software package, like a C.A.D.D system.

17 hours ago, masschamber said:

terrible 1 button controller decision and how pal heavy they are is a real turn off for me.

Two buttons are a standard controller for the Amiga, probably owing to mouses being two button, and later games would make use of four buttons a la CD-32.  I have a CD-32 controller I use with my system.  Deluxe Galaga, for one, takes advantage of the four buttons for some game unrelated functions.  There are a lot of PAL games out there, but a North American Amiga handles them just fine.  I used to run PAL demos and just had to adjust the monitor a little.  While not impossible, it does suck having to switch between modes before boot.  I think WHDLoad  can handle all that.

BC Kid (or Bonk) for the Amiga actually uses two buttons on a Genesis game pad. I found that out just randomly :) There are a bunch of other games that use two buttons as well. There are also controller and controller add on devices that allow you to map "up" to a button which works great with a lot of the platformers.

5 minutes ago, eightbit said:

BC Kid (or Bonk) for the Amiga actually uses two buttons on a Genesis game pad. I found that out just randomly :) There are a bunch of other games that use two buttons as well. There are also controller and controller add on devices that allow you to map "up" to a button which works great with a lot of the platformers.

yeah, I figured if I ever do by one, I'd have to make a controller with up wired to both up and a button.