IGNORED

Coming Soon From BSR

19 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

Oops, I just realized that I mixed up 2 games.  I mixed up Magic Carousel with Game Factory.  The latter one has bugs.

Apologies for the confusion. 

I know there was an issue with the RAM on the carts so they didn't work correctly on 2609 / 3504 units. I think fixed boards were made at some point. 

23 hours ago, intvsteve said:

I know there was an issue with the RAM on the carts so they didn't work correctly on 2609 / 3504 units. I think fixed boards were made at some point. 

Game Factory on physical board sold some years ago (2015, iirc) has issues on PAL consoles. I heard the problem was identified and solved but I believe that the fixed version hasn't been put for sale yet

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

Well, I can definitively say that we don't have the rights to Scarfinger, Spina the Bee, Choplifter or Yogi's Frustration

Spina the Bee is licensed?  Voochko I know about, but not Spina.  I thought maybe it was the name given the large bee in the Buzz Bombers cutscenes.

On 6/1/2020 at 4:44 PM, Intymike said:

Are there bugs? I played it once from Revs cart version and it worked fine.

My copy of Magic Carousel makes a loud hissing noise when the voice tries to say the name of an animal.  I just assumed my Intellivoice is the wrong version.  My ROM of World Series Major League Baseball was doing the same thing when the crowd started to boo after a foul ball, until I fixed the memory map in the .cfg file.

2 hours ago, Zendocon said:

Spina the Bee is licensed?  Voochko I know about, but not Spina.  I thought maybe it was the name given the large bee in the Buzz Bombers cutscenes.

Not licensed. Rights to unfinished games programmed by Mattel Electronics France went to Nice Ideas as part of the process of disbanding the French subsidiary. (Spina the Bee, Scarfinger, Illusions, etc)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, unless I have been talking to you otherwise, you should have received an invoice if you ordered. If you paid your invoice, it should have shipped in the last three days.

The remaining stock has been put up on eBay (at the same price)

• Like 3

On 6/2/2020 at 8:55 PM, Lathe26 said:

Oops, I just realized that I mixed up 2 games.  I mixed up Magic Carousel with Game Factory.  The latter one has bugs.

Apologies for the confusion. 

I remember there was a hardware bug with the board design used for that release.  The RAM didn't work properly on Intellivision I systems, but worked on Intellivision II, due to differences in bus skew on BC1, BC2, and BDIR.  (The Intellivision 1 has some discrete logic to remap the INTAK bus cycle to BAR, consisting of some XOR gates fed by some NAND/NOR to flip BC1/BC2.  On the Intellivision II this got absorbed into the Mattel LAD custom chip.)  That causes BC1, BC2 to be unstable for about 3 74LS TTL gate delays (around 30-35ns, IIRC).

I did provide a little help to 5-11under while he debugged his RAM logic design—I just pointed out where the glitches would come from, what was likely failing, and what to look for. He did all the work.  The fix involved time-delaying some signals to create a glitch filter.

Were there any software bugs as well?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, intvnut said:

I remember there was a hardware bug with the board design used for that release.  The RAM didn't work properly on Intellivision I systems, but worked on Intellivision II, due to differences in bus skew on BC1, BC2, and BDIR.  (The Intellivision 1 has some discrete logic to remap the INTAK bus cycle to BAR, consisting of some XOR gates fed by some NAND/NOR to flip BC1/BC2.  On the Intellivision II this got absorbed into the Mattel LAD custom chip.)  That causes BC1, BC2 to be unstable for about 3 74LS TTL gate delays (around 30-35ns, IIRC).

I did provide a little help to 5-11under while he debugged his RAM logic design—I just pointed out where the glitches would come from, what was likely failing, and what to look for. He did all the work.  The fix involved time-delaying some signals to create a glitch filter.

Were there any software bugs as well?

I was only aware that Game Factory didn't work on the Intellivision I (and that a fixed version was "coming" that never did).  A software issue was assumed.  This is the first I heard that it was a hardware issue.  Interesting...

Forgot to mention. I put one cartridge label sticker on upside down on one copy of Takeover. I thought I had set it aside as my personal copy, but apparently not. I did order a replacement sticker and will gladly send it to whoever got the upside down one (whether or not you intend to fix it).

On 6/11/2020 at 12:00 PM, BSRSteve said:

Forgot to mention. I put one cartridge label sticker on upside down on one copy of Takeover. I thought I had set it aside as my personal copy, but apparently not. I did order a replacement sticker and will gladly send it to whoever got the upside down one (whether or not you intend to fix it).

Hey, I may have a variant box!  The BSR label on the side of my "Blow Out" box is inverted.  I'm putting it on Ebay immediately and setting the "buy it now" price for $4,000.  This may cause a rash of "faked" upside-down stickers to show up on Ebay soon.  But mine is the original!

20200613_104305.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6