IGNORED

Current Notes magazine

It’s great to have a platform like Archive.org and have such valuable material available to everyone. It’s very frustrating when you discover a material that could be perfectly shared on the internet but it was donated for example to a museum and there is no way to access it easily. This is the best way to preserve the information. Thanks for the sharing Allan!

Edited by Mr. Undo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Allan said:

Another issue just posted. The last one I have. Hopefully more will surface soon.

https://archive.org/details/current-notes-volume-15-number-2-march-april-1995

Is anyone else having trouble downloading this issue? I keep getting "This site can’t provide a secure connection" errors. ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

12 hours ago, bfollowell said:

Is anyone else having trouble downloading this issue? I keep getting "This site can’t provide a secure connection" errors. ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I got it just now. Seemed a little slow but it did finally come through. Try again?

1 hour ago, DarkLord said:

I got it just now. Seemed a little slow but it did finally come through. Try again?

I tried numerous times, but I was away from home. I'll give it another try.

I just tried again. It came through without any hiccups from home. I got it in about 30-40 seconds.

1 hour ago, DarkLord said:

I'm always ready for Current Notes!  :)

PS Thanks so much scanning these in.

Your welcome. 

It's tough getting Atari docs/magazines/manuals. People will bid high on this stuff and then put them in their closet. It gets really expensive after a while. I do wish more people would either step forward and scan stuff or at least let me borrow stuff to scan. 

For example, I just tried to get a couple of copies of Computer Shopper magazine. One issue on ebay went for $70. That's insane. I can't afford to pay those prices. I can guaranty you that they will look at it for a bit and throw it in the closet. These are oversized magazines so you need a large size scanner to scan them.

2 hours ago, Allan said:

Your welcome. 

It's tough getting Atari docs/magazines/manuals. People will bid high on this stuff and then put them in their closet. It gets really expensive after a while. I do wish more people would either step forward and scan stuff or at least let me borrow stuff to scan. 

For example, I just tried to get a couple of copies of Computer Shopper magazine. One issue on ebay went for $70. That's insane. I can't afford to pay those prices. I can guaranty you that they will look at it for a bit and throw it in the closet. These are oversized magazines so you need a large size scanner to scan them.

I tried sending you a message but it says you cannot receive messages .  I have a good many ST Informer issues that are not archived.  Would this interest you as far as scanning them in?

14 hours ago, Allan said:

Your welcome. 

I hear ya. I've got a stack of Current Notes magazines. I could send maybe 5 at a time? I'd foot the bill, no problem. 

Much rather have them out there, digitally secure for all to see than stacked up and gathering dust.

I remember Computer Shopper magazine! Didn't they get protested because each issue took a small

rainforest to make?  :)  :)  :)

• Haha 1

On 3/17/2021 at 10:27 PM, TheNameOfTheGame said:

I tried sending you a message but it says you cannot receive messages .  I have a good many ST Informer issues that are not archived.  Would this interest you as far as scanning them in?

I needed to update my AtariAge subscription. I just did. Messages should work now. I mostly stick to Atari 8-bit stuff but I could scan some ST mags. i will look to see what is scanned already.

18 hours ago, DarkLord said:

I hear ya. I've got a stack of Current Notes magazines. I could send maybe 5 at a time? I'd foot the bill, no problem. 

Much rather have them out there, digitally secure for all to see than stacked up and gathering dust.

I remember Computer Shopper magazine! Didn't they get protested because each issue took a small

rainforest to make?  :)  :)  :)

That would be fantastic if you could. Private Message me with what issues you have. You can also look on archive.org to see what is already scanned.

On 3/17/2021 at 10:27 PM, TheNameOfTheGame said:

Also I found this page that has some of the issues already scanned.

https://commodore.bombjack.org/atari-st/st-magazines/st-informer/st-informer.htm

Plus I think Atarimania.com has one issue also.

http://www.atarimania.com/atari-magazine-st-informer_91.html

On 3/17/2021 at 7:35 PM, Allan said:

Your welcome. 

Which Issues are you looking for?  I have mostly '93-'95 but not all of them (I didn't buy them religiously like ST Format but wished I did).

I still have my Current Notes magazines that I read from time to time but with my worseing eyesight it's getting harder to read w/o bifocals, but I have no problems reading anything off a tablet or even computer screens.

14 minutes ago, MrMaddog said:

Which Issues are you looking for?  I have mostly '93-'95 but not all of them (I didn't buy them religiously like ST Format but wished I did).

I still have my Current Notes magazines that I read from time to time but with my worseing eyesight it's getting harder to read w/o bifocals, but I have no problems reading anything off a tablet or even computer screens.

Here is what is missing for '93-'95

-------

Vol.2=March

Vol.3=April

Vol.6=July

Vol.9=Nov.

--------

Vol.1

Vol.2=March

Vol.3=April

Vol.8=Dec.

--------

Vol.4=July/August

Vol.6=Nov/Dec.   *Was this the last issue?

Okay, here is what I have:

March 1986

Vol. 9 No. 6 July August 1989
Vol. 9 No. 7 September 1989
Vol. 9 No. 8 October 1989
Vol. 9 No. 9 November 1989

Vol. 10 No. 1 Jan/Feb 1990
Vol. 10 No. 2 March 1990
Vol. 10 No. 3 April 1990
Vol. 10 No. 4 May 1990
Vol. 10 No. 5 June 1990
Vol. 10 No. 6 July/August 1990
Vol. 10 No. 8 October 1990
Vol. 10 No. 9 November 1990

Vol. 11 No. 2 March 1991
Vol. 11 No. 3 April 1991
Vol. 11 No. 4 May 1991
Vol. 11 No. 5 June 1991
Vol. 11 No. 6 July/August 1991
Vol. 11 No. 7 September 1991
Vol. 11 No. 8 October 1991
Vol. 11 No. 9 November 1991
Vol. 11 No. 10 December 1991

Vol. 12 No. 1 January/February 1992
Vol. 12 No. 2 March 1992
Vol. 12 No. 3 April 1992
Vol. 12 No. 4 May 1992
Vol. 12 No. 5 June 1992
Vol. 12 No. 6 July/August 1992
Vol. 12 No. 7 September 1992
Vol. 12 No. 8 October 1992
Vol. 12 No. 9 November 1992

Vol. 12 No. 10 Dec 92/Jan 93

Vol. 13 No. 1 February 1993
Vol. 13 No. 2 March 1993
Vol. 13 No. 3 April 1993
Vol. 13 No. 4 May 1993
Vol. 13 No. 5 June 1993
Vol. 13 No. 6 July/August 1993
Vol. 13 No. 7 September 1993
Vol. 13 No. 8 October 1993
Vol. 13 No. 9 November 1993

Vol. 14 No. 2 March 1994
Vol. 14 No. 5 June/July 1994
Vol. 14 No. 6 Aug/Sep 1994

Vol. 15 No. 1 Jan/Feb 1995
Vol. 15 No. 3 May/June 1995

Vol. 16 No. 3 May/June 1996

38 minutes ago, DarkLord said:

Okay, here is what I have:

March 1986

Vol. 9 No. 6 July August 1989
Vol. 9 No. 8 October 1989

Vol. 11 No. 6 July/August 1991
Vol. 11 No. 7 September 1991

Vol. 12 No. 4 May 1992
Vol. 12 No. 5 June 1992
Vol. 12 No. 6 July/August 1992
Vol. 12 No. 9 November 1992

Vol. 12 No. 10 Dec 92/Jan 93

Vol. 13 No. 2 March 1993
Vol. 13 No. 3 April 1993
Vol. 13 No. 6 July/August 1993
Vol. 13 No. 9 November 1993

Vol. 14 No. 2 March 1994

Vol. 16 No. 3 May/June 1996

I cut out all the ones that are already scanned and the ones left need to be scanned. So 16 of the issues you have need to be scanned.

Awesome work with the new Current Notes issues. :D

I should be able to start ripping Current Notes Disks again soon, when I get my SD -> ST HD unit.

I can put them on Archive as well, I did not think of that when I ripped the first three, better to keep track of what we have and not.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Allan said:

I cut out all the ones that are already scanned and the ones left need to be scanned. So 16 of the issues you have need to be scanned.

Sounds good. PM me your real address and I'll try to get them out ASAP. Thanks!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DarkLord said:

Sounds good. PM me your real address and I'll try to get them out ASAP. Thanks!

Thank you.

I sent you a PM. 

I'm shocked that they had an issue in 1996. It really was the longest running Atari magazine.

9 minutes ago, Allan said:

Thank you.

I sent you a PM. 

I'm shocked that they had an issue in 1996. It really was the longest running Atari magazine.

Got it, thanks much.

Yeah, I *still* miss it.  :(

PS Does it reflect on how sad an individual I am that I go back through these great 'ole mags

sometimes, re-reading some of the super cool articles and fantasize how things might have

been in an alternate timeline/universe where Atari won the computer wars?

• Like 1