IGNORED

Any good sites for jag reproduction carts?

Tommywilley84

Save your money up and spring for a Jag GD. That way you'll be able to hold the entire library of Jag games on one cart, all for the price of a handful of repros you'd get from some shady seller.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tommywilley84 said:

Pretty bad ass. So it comes with the whole Jag library on it?

No.

And, I am pretty sure asking for links to buy "reproductions" of commercial games falls in the same line of piracy as asking for ROM files of commercial games would.

OP, you're new here, so here's the ground rules for successfully participating in this odd bunch of folks that's called the Jaguar community:

• ROMs of commercial games released during the Jag's lifetime are fair game.
  • ROMs of games released AFTER the Jag's lifetime (ie. pretty much anything sold in the AA store, including Songbird titles) is NOT ok.
  • Asking for a ROM of Battlesphere is definitely NOT ok.
  • Buying reproductions of these same games, or of homebrew titles where the authors have explicitly asked for them not to be sold, is NOT ok.
  • Being someone named Kieren Hawken, or some other guy whose username starts with the number 10, is most certainly NOT ok.
  • Using the search function on this forum before asking questions is highly encouraged.

Hope that answers your questions!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sauron said:

OP, you're new here, so here's the ground rules for successfully participating in this odd bunch of folks that's called the Jaguar community:

• ROMs of games released AFTER the Jag's lifetime (ie. pretty much anything sold in the AA store, including Songbird titles) is NOT ok.
  • Asking for a ROM of Battlesphere is definitely NOT ok.
  • Buying reproductions of these same games, or of homebrew titles where the authors have explicitly asked for them not to be sold, is NOT ok.
  • Being someone named Kieren Hawken, or some other guy whose username starts with the number 10, is most certainly NOT ok.
  • Using the search function on this forum before asking questions is highly encouraged.

Hope that answers your questions!

I apologize. I truly meant zero harm

16 hours ago, Tommywilley84 said:

I remember I got Atari Carts and Alien vs Predator as reproduction carts a while back on Etsy. There doesn't seem to be any of them on there now. Is there another site that offers them? 

As you've seen in the responses, a lot of people take it negatively. Primary reason is due to the fact that many of those games are still being sold by their original developers, and in that case it is active theft. Like Songbird, AtariAge Store, etc...

For me personally, I don't have a problem with reproductions of discontinued games so long as you're not cheating someone out of money. It's intellectual property, of course... so, it's not legal (to be clear). But there is no way I'm paying $700+ for Battlesphere Gold, especially when the original developers are not gaining or losing any money by the sale / re-sale of previously purchased copies. I 100% support capitalism, but there's no lost love here when someone, who bought a game for $50, doesn't get the full $700 he had hoped. They have every right to try, and 100% support them, but not from me. There are plenty of people who are still willing to pay that money to have an original. I for one bought a reproduction of Battleshphere, and God almighty would I be pissed after playing that game knowing I'd have spent $700+ on it (I spent $39).

The people on Etsy will still sell you those games if you ask them by e-mailing them directly. I bought Battlesphere on there for $39. Again, if there's something you're looking for that's a current game, check out the Atari Age store... price won't be too much more, and you'll be supporting the developers.

The only games I've ever purchased as repos are the Dragon Warrior 1-4 Collection on the 8-bit NES, and Battlesphere. I already have Dragon Warrior 1 and 2, but can't find 3 and 4 for under $200 each. I'll happily buy any one of those games should either company decide to re-release them on the NES or Jaguar. I buy *every* home brew and Jaguar release. Battlesphere was just one that I missed back in the day when my career got in the way.

9 hours ago, Sauron said:

I'd love to see this come out, but I'm kind of getting tired of waiting. I suspect it'll be out when Heretic, Doom 2, and an RPG released for the Jaguar. But, it would be a real "nice have" for all those free releases that CryanoJ and home-brewers put out for download.

6 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

image.png.60021582561a94eef30278e1deb123aa.png

I was growing two different kinds of avocados in my backyard in South Florida (because almost everything grows there from Zone 8 - 12). Not once did it ever occur to me to put avocado on my pancakes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I personally don't find it to be a big deal as long as people are honest about them being reproduction and not try to pass them off as the real deal to rip people off. Unfortunately, not everyone is as honest as I am so I can see both arguments and yes, I am in fact new here so once again I apologize. No disrespect. We are all in this together.

Edited by Tommywilley84
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

I'd love to see this come out, but I'm kind of getting tired of waiting. I suspect it'll be out when Heretic, Doom 2, and an RPG released for the Jaguar. But, it would be a real "nice have" for all those free releases that CryanoJ and home-brewers put out for download.

Considering it's starting to ship to UK customers, something says the wait won't be all that much longer.

10 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

You could always consider buying some of them :)

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

You could always consider buying some of them :)

Dude... I have literally bought *every single Atari Jaguar release that you've ever put on cartridge.* Aside from having to take a crap, death, and taxes... I am the only other constant in your life.

I've also bought everything from Piko, Songbird, Go Atari, Best Electronics, and all the other one-offs, including several items from Wave 1. The Atari Jaguar is the only thing in this life, other than paying my utilities and my daughter's 529, where when Gaz, Carl, Albert, or anyone else posts a new link to a game, I immediately buy without any cognitive reasoning. I'm actually concerned that if you waffle-stomped a poop into a clear-cart, I'd probably still buy it if it was packaged well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

Dude... I have literally bought *every single Atari Jaguar release that you've ever put on cartridge.* Aside from having to take a crap, death, and taxes... I am the only other constant in your life.

I've also bought everything from Piko, Songbird, Go Atari, Best Electronics, and all the other one-offs, including several items from Wave 1. The Atari Jaguar is the only thing in this life, other than paying my utilities and my daughter's 529, where when Gaz, Carl, Albert, or anyone else posts a new link to a game, I immediately buy without any cognitive reasoning. I'm actually concerned that if you waffle-stomped a poop into a clear-cart, I'd probably still buy it if it was packaged well.

Much thanks for that :)

I will promise you I will never waffle-stomp poop into a cart.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

On 5/24/2020 at 2:53 AM, Sauron said:

So based on what you stated, and comparing it to the OP's question, he posed a totally "fair game" question, right? He was asking about Atari Karts and AvP, two commercial games released during the Jag's lifetime. Unless you meant to say NOT fair game ha.

1 hour ago, sixersfan105 said:

So based on what you stated, and comparing it to the OP's question, he posed a totally "fair game" question, right? He was asking about Atari Karts and AvP, two commercial games released during the Jag's lifetime. Unless you meant to say NOT fair game ha.

If someone wants to download the ROMs or even have repros of those games for them, then yes. No one is making new copies for sale, so it's hardly taking money away from the developers. The key thing to remember is that it is commercial games released during the Jag's lifespan that are fair game. What tends to irk others about those Etsy repro shops is that they often have no qualms about making repros of games that are still being offered for sale by the rights holder or developer, which is a big no-no around here.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 9:40 AM, 82-T/A said:

I don't think it would be posted in he AA store if it wasn't going to be sold soon. I've purchased Saints Lynx SD cart and I stand by his work. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, orpheuswaking said:

I don't think it would be posted in he AA store if it wasn't going to be sold soon. I've purchased Saints Lynx SD cart and I stand by his work. 

Oh, I'm sure it'll be awesome. I signed up for the registration, and I will absolutely buy it if / when I get a link to purchase it. I'm a little bummed that I'm so late to being put on the waiting list. I'm almost positive I've signed up at least a half-dozen times on different registration sites, and also posted a couple of times over the years to be added to it. So when this registration link came out, I was like... ah man. Hahah... well, anyway, that's my problem. When if / when I get a link to buy, I'll do it.