IGNORED

The Jaguar YouTube and Twitter "Scene"

Rick Dangerous

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2020 at 4:23 PM, Andrew Rosa said:

Speaking as a content creator that now focuses mainly on Jaguar and its respective games, it's not just to get 'clicks' and 'likes'. The system's always fascinated me, but I had been a SEGA whore since I was 6-years old. Always put SEGA - especially Saturn - above all else when collecting. Once I had an opportunity to get a Jaguar, thanks to my wife, I jumped on it. Since then, I've been a tad obsessed. Never would have dreamed I would end up buying another Jaguar for link-play purposes, or two IMAGIN shells for customization, or getting a Skunk to test upcoming home-brew titles, or losing many hours to Alien vs. Predator, Tempest 2000, Rebooteroids, Ultra Vortek, Defender 2000, Attack of the Mutant Penguins, and so on. Sure, it has some shit games, but that's one of the more fascinating things about this console; even its garbage is fascinating. 

When making my videos, I try to be fair. I wanna' show newcomers the gems as well as the crap. With any console, I feel, you gotta' take the good with the bad. To be completely honest, I'm really tired of the more negative shit said about the Jaguar because so much of it is either misinformation for the sake of laughs, or sheer ignorance. I try to counteract that with my videos. 

As for the trading of ROM files of home-brew titles, I feel toward that as I do with re-productions. So long as the game's still available, I'm all for supporting the developer and publisher. Skyhammer, Protector, Astrostorm, Rebooteroids, they're all still available. The folks that made 'em still see a return and they should receive compensation if you wanna' play their games. That being said, if it's something like BattleSphere where we may never see another run of carts and all sales are now secondhand - costing thousands of dollars - then I'm a bit more lenient. If they should ever announce another run and the carts are like $100, I'll happily pay it. It's well earned. 

Wouldn't worry too much about how people perceive the insanity or drama within the community. Every scene has its share, from Saturn to Neo Geo.... Especially Neo Geo. LOL!

The likes of yourself and BTB with The Jag Bar, are for myself, the only  constant  go to YT channels i frequentl these days to be reminded of my Jaguar owning days. 

You both know your subject material, give honest and entertaining breakdowns on the titles and how they stand up by modern standards and openly question media coverage of them from back in the day and more recent times. 

Second Opinion Games was highly entertaining as well. 

For my Sega Fix, it has to be Sega Lord X. 

Edited by Lost Dragon

On 6/4/2020 at 3:22 AM, CyranoJ said:

Aside from MC-TV, I can thoroughly recommend ChinnyVision, one of the few worth a subscription - although not at all Jaguar related

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCifcRlP9KST8T0irCHyykrA

Chinny does great work. 

Watch his channel for my 8-bit trips down memory lane and more so to learn about games on systems like the MSX and Amstrad CPC, which i have very little experience with. 

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Like 1