IGNORED

Alternate Reality: The Dungeon Atarimax cartridge.

Wilheim

1 hour ago, orpheuswaking said:

Keep these coming - Hopefully Steve realizes he's about to get a bunch of cartridge orders :D

I just thought the same!

20 minutes ago, Kyle22 said:

The save to disk option would be very useful for those of us with Ultimate carts.

Good point. I’ll take a look if it’s possible to implement the disk and cartridge for character management.

on the other hand, I think that having this game on a flash cart is a very good reason to buy at least one cartridge to Steve, don’t you think?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wrathchild said:

With the disk save you should also satisfy the likes of the upcoming Side3 (possibly AVGCart too) where you could run a cart image and have a disk mounted too.

I'm not sure if SIDE3 is supported in this game, due to the low level SIO reads. Maybe we should modify this SIO calls to standard ones.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, _The Doctor__ said:

slide the datasoft over and credit the original programmer... might square things up in more ways than one...

According to the AR AQ, the Dungeon was mainly programmed by Dan Pinal and Ken Jordan. Would you prefer those names instead of Datasoft then?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Wilheim said:

Maybe we should modify this SIO calls to standard ones.

Lots of work as the AR games' custom IO routines do not use the same memory locations as the O/S.

Actually, thinking about it, of the AR:Dungeon cart version is using all of the banks it could have some conflict if the higher $D5xx registers have other function?

So maybe it will be SIO devices only, though if a smaller cart image (e.g. 512KB) is used instead, that will not need the flash write routines and so could have dedicated ones for the alternative target.

26 minutes ago, Wilheim said:

XEGS label

Not keen on the XE header, utilise the full space. Also, if its not using the XEGS banking model it seems wrong to label it like this. 

5 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

and credit the original programmer

Wouldn't mind one for mine too for my part in it ?

However, as you've added something to the loading screen, maybe leave it off the label and just credit the original programmers there instead?

--

A reminder too that in post #75 of the 'Dungeon Image' thread, I did see at one point an 'insert disk' message unexpectedly appear, so its no guarantee that that work is complete and so the more people able to use and effectively do the play-testing should flush out issues like that. 

• Like 2

@Wilheim

@Wrathchild

Awesome work on this,

Both name will fit nicely with Datasoft still there on the same line... if you use the & sign  ;)

Dan Pinal & Ken Jordan © Datasoft 1987

if you drop the word conversion, you can add the name of your compadre on the second line...

Wrathchild

Dan Pinal & Ken Jordan © Datasoft 1987

Cartridge by Guillermo Fuenzalida & Mark Keates

Overlaid it and it fits... if you worry about copyright circle touching descender...

© Datasoft 1987 Dan Pinal & Ken Jordan

Cartridge by Guillermo Fuenzalida & Mark Keates

and so on. :)

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

New version.

Added disk access to save your character as well as the transfer of a City character. It tests if a drive is present in D1:. If not, it uses the virtual drives D2: and D4:

If you’re using a physical floppy disk on D1:, it will use it first. To save into cartridge, just simply remove the floppy or turn the drive off.

I'm not sure if it completely works, so I will appreciate your testing and comments.

Alternate Reality - The Dungeon.atr Alternate Reality - The Dungeon.bin Alternate Reality - The Dungeon.car

Edited by Wilheim
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1