IGNORED

My 5200 site

KAZ

It's like a disease - you can't stop it after you get started!!!

I am the opposite - I never had an Atari 5200 back in the 80's, I had a Colecovision (still do). But I really appreciate the 5200 and the games available for it now, since they closely tie in to the arcade games that I remember growing up with. Since I don't have room for full size arcade machines in my house (or the $$ for that matter!) the 5200 does very nicely!

I found a classic gaming store somewhat near my area about a week ago (it is called: Cedar Cliff Collectibles).

When I first stepped foot in the store, I immediately knew I was at somewhere special. Screw Pawn America and Goodwill, Pawn America doesn't even have super nintendo stuff anymore, and after I leave Goodwills I feel the grime won't ever come off.

It was like a kid in a candy store, at first I saw an entire bin full of nintendo, super nintendo, and genesis games.

Behind the counter there it was, a whole boatload of intellivision, 2600, and 5200 games.

And then I saw a 7800 up close for the first time, and God it was cool. And then I saw a colecovision. Tho I never had one myself, I remember playing it several times at a friend's house. I think I played donkey kong jr. several times on it.

It is all a blurr tho, I can't quite remember if he had a commodore 64, and if we played some games on his computer. And what kind of computer it was. Maybe IT was a commodore 64, are they computers too?

Those were the good days, back when everyone shared my interest in games.

I agree with the disease thing, but usually diseases are unpleasant, whereas collecting games is VERY fun.

That is not really true in my case.

Back when I was around 6 years old I had an Atari 5200. I never had an Atari 2600, till now.

My old Atari 5200's controller's rubber shoes came completely off, but they still worked.

Eventually my system completely failed, and my parents apparently threw it ALL in the trash behind my back. It wasn't being played, because of the broken console, but I would never have thrown the cartridges and track ball away! Never.

So I started collecting Atari 5200 because that's what I used to own, and now I'm trying to collect the other ones