IGNORED

hidden continue feature on (any) intellivision cartridges?

Derek

I would like to get farther on the Intellivision cartridges Commando, which I have drifted across the room on several occasions, it is just too easy to die and slow to steer with that damn thumbpad even though I used JB Weld to attach a small dowel to it which helps its inaccurate steering on other games. Is there a hidden continue feature for it or for the MAME version?

Also, the same query for Intellivision's cart for Bump n' Jump. There are apparently 32 levels, according to the box, and with only one bonus car and having to start over to get to the point where you waste all your men to figure out the timing on a new jump, it is monotonous to start over and go through several seasons to see new territory. You would think that when they were putting these games through "test group" studies the people would have pointed out these obvious irritations!

Thanks, Derek.

I own close to 50 Intellivision games yet I have never gotten really far on any of them due to the controllers.

I think the controllers should have been better tested as well.

Kinda off topic but you know how shoddy the INTV controllers can be..thus making any game a strain to play.

Intellivision controllers: :thumbsdown:

But is it just me, or are a lot of Intellivision games SLOOOOOW... anyway?

Two examples: Space Armada and Night Stalker.

Both are cool games, but everything moves so slowly on-screen that they are almost unbearable to play! (Especially Night Stalker.)

I own close to 50 Intellivision games yet I have never gotten really far on any of them due to the controllers.

I think the controllers should have been better tested as well.

Kinda off topic but you know how shoddy the INTV controllers can be..thus making any game a strain to play.

I like the controllers. Work perfectly fine for me. I never get far on Commando due to me sucking at that game ;p