IGNORED

Most expensive games ever made

Serguei2

50 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

A little different than what you're asking, but I know places around here jacked up the price of Pac-Man when it came out.  It started in the usual stores as a regular priced game,  but when I got my copy, ONE DAY after my friend told me it had come out (and he bought his at $29.99);  I had my mom drive to 3 or 4 stores before we found one where it wasn't Sold Out.  So, even though I'd played it and knew it wasn't all it was cracked up to be, buying into the hype and mania, if you will, I felt I HAD to have it.  I paid $37.95 for it at a place ironically called PAY N SAVE.

Another one that seemed high,  was when I paid $34.95 for Mega Force, which I had played on the kiosk at Montgomery Wards and was just blown away by the graphics (flicker and all)...Now, why we were cutting up the boxes to send parts to 20th Century Fox, I don't remember...A rebate perhaps?

Gold, you're right about the rebate.  Here's a page from the Fox coupon book.

Click for Next Page.

Edited by JayAre
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JayAre said:

Gold, you're right about the rebate.  Here's a page from the Fox coupon book.

Click for Next Page.

Thanks JayAre!

Good job on that.   I knew there must be a reason I cut up a perfectly good box...And back then $5 went a lot further than today.  Still, I Now wish I had the back of the box LOL...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

Thanks JayAre!

Good job on that.   I knew there must be a reason I cut up a perfectly good box...And back then $5 went a lot further than today.  Still, I Now wish I had the back of the box LOL...

You're very welcome.  Yeah, as kids, we usually never thought about caring for those kinds of things.  Growing up, I remember sometimes just tearing the boxes apart to get to the games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoldLeader said:

Thanks JayAre!

But do you have Beefstake Tomatoes (and box)?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wongojack said:

But do you have Beefstake Tomatoes (and box)?

I do not.  (heh)  The only Boxed FOX game I have from BITD is Mega Force...But a little bit later I got Flash Gordon loose, then Bank Heist.  Actually Bank Heist was an interesting one as my friend and I each pitched in half  (and pretty sure it was on sale at $19.99) and then took turns "co-owning" the game.  I wonder if he ended up with the box?  I know I ended up with the game...I still keep up with his brother from time to time, but haven't really talked to him in years...But I know he never kept up with Atari since he gave his Atari to me :)

• Like 1