IGNORED

Necromancer

Joe C.

It's been a while for me also but IIRC you start in the center of the screen and move your cursor around you pressing the button whenever you want to plant a tree mean while spiders & trolly like things come in from both sides and try to poison and destroy them. You then have to move your cursor over each poisoned tree to heal it and move your cursor over the attackers to "zap" them into nothingness.

You then procede to the next level were you have to move your trees across a series of covered pits that have spider eggs in them. You only get the number of trees you saved from the previous screen. Hands are coming down from the top that can grab your trees causing you to loose one and if the spiders hatch before you can plant a tree on top of them or it can break through the roof using it's roots it will destroy the tree and you have to hit it w/ your cursor (which means you are not moving a tree) to kill it or it will knock off some of your heath (take a life?).

You then start all over w/ a number of seeds related to the the number of trees you had left from the previous stage. Each stage gets faster & faster until you have no chance.

Great game.

Wow, excellent game. I think I actually have an original copy of that around on cassette somewhere, from 1983-ish. I keep finding my original Atari 400 stuff, including recently the manual to another cassette game, "Ghost Chaser" where you play this ghost that can turn into a gun.

Eric

Excellent game! I got addicted to Necromancer on the C-64 a few years back. My high's over 200,000. I still haven't figured out if it's really true that the more eggs you smash with trees in the part with all the chambers, the less spiders you'll have to deal with in the final segment.

It makes me very happy when I kill the Necromancer. There's nothing more frustrating than getting all the way through and being blown up before you get a chance to take out that major bad guy!

Okay. You look like a little Pac-Man and you have to eat all the dots. But that's where the similarities end. (I sound like an old EG review. Anyway...)

You start in the center at the top, and you move around in an underground maze. The deeper you go, the more you're risking your life, because attached to the back of your little guy is a long line that's always connected to the surface at the top, where you started. If any of the bad guys traveling back and forth in the maze touches your line, you die.

So you have to time your attempts at eating the rows of dots. To retract yourself quickly and wind up back at the top, you just hold down the fire button.

It's a lot of fun, very addictive and, like most classic games, hard to explain regarding how much fun it is without actually showing you the actual playfield.

A similar game called Andy the Aardvark or something like that was made available on the 8-bit as well, but it wasn't as good.

You start in the center at the top, and you move around in an underground maze. The deeper you go, the more you're risking your life, because attached to the back of your little guy is a long line that's always connected to the surface at the top, where you started. If any of the bad guys traveling back and forth in the maze touches your line, you die.

It's a lot of fun, very addictive and, like most classic games, hard to explain regarding how much fun it is without actually showing you the actual playfield.

A similar game called Andy the Aardvark or something like that was made available on the 8-bit as well, but it wasn't as good.

1. It's not the same game

2. There are lots of games that are very fun and addictive that are hard to explain * Example M.U.L.E., I'm addicted to that game. If I try to explain this game to someone who's never played it before, they think I'm a fool for liking a game like that.

3. I used to have Andy the Aardvark, I enjoyed it.