IGNORED

3D 'SOLID' graphics

On 11/3/2020 at 4:55 PM, ac.tomo said:

That Atari user program you (wrathchild) directed me to doesn't work properly, I did actually try this program several months ago and had problems with it, perhaps someone can work out what the problem is.

I did put INT functions on lines 190 and 200 and that let me put 3 'faces' in instead of 2, but if I put, say, 15 faces the program errors.

au35.lst 1.96 kB · 6 downloads

Any help much appreciated.

EDT: forgot to put the Atari user link in: http://www.atarimania.com/mags/pdf/Atari-User-Vol-3-No-11.pdf

I've been tampering around with the program and I've narrowed down the problem. I now know for sure that the problem lies either between lines 160-270, or lines 420-540. I find this program is much more complicated than it needs to be, for example; the FLAG variable isn't needed, the DX and DY variables are not necessary (just alter lines 330 and 340 to MPX and MPY), lines 410 & 415 not needed, line 390 needs a POP command then GOTO 160. Line 80 erase DX & DY. Anyway, as I said, the only thing I haven't examined just yet is the FACES routine and the ANGLE routine. Oh, on line 270, replace the IF with a simple GOTO 50.

Edited by ac.tomo