IGNORED

My 130XE video is gross (Super Video 2.0 vs UAV)

monzamess

1 hour ago, Gavin1968 said:

Maybe the use of unshielded ribbon cable isn't a good idea for video? Just a thought, you are going to get interference with this kind of wire. That's my only idea, I am sure there are many others.

Good luck,

Gavin

That’s not the issue. That’s a high quality multi strand wire. It’s also what comes with Sophia, I didn’t make the wire. The run is also short. No one uses shielded wires inside the console when they do RGB mod of anything from 2600 to NES, SNES, N64, etc. 

Shielding is important outside the console because your SCART RGB cable can run right next to 110-220V AC power wires. Inside a 5VDC machine? Not an issue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

You have a very different idea about noise.. Sorry to say but you forgot every time the logic goes from a 1 to a 0 or a high to a low there is a noise spike. The computer clock creates noise, and a computer that does not have the proper bypass components as in decoupling capacitor(to ground the spikes out) or proper loads on the circuit lines their are noise spikes. Now depending the speed and timing the noise could get into the video circuits and audio circuits. That's why they invented coax wire.. to keep the "noise" out of other circuits. Buy the way the old C.B. radios only had 12 v and a max of 5W of power but sure could get into many TV sets around...Because the noise in in sync with the output video that would tell me it is in the computer not the ac power lines...

Edited by Peter Rabitt