IGNORED

Project Updates?

StanJr

Hey, any homebrewers out there wanna give us an update? I'm very interested to know what happened to Quest. I'd love to hear where Thomas is on Robot City. And who knows how or when Tim Snider-man's Ravenous Dead will be finished! ;) :P

I'd also like to know the status of games that have come and gone, like the ones on the In Development page listed to be released last year or early 2003.

Anybody want to run down some updates?

Hi Stan!

Hey, any homebrewers out there wanna give us an update?

Ok. Here is a brandnew screenshot of my current project:

gta.gif

Greetings,

Manuel

Hey, I know this game! Gateway to Apshai! I played the CV version for a while... It would be a really nice game for the VCS... :)

Opcode

Now Space Invaders Collection is done, I have resumed work on Pac-Man Collection. I hope to have a playable demo in a month or two...

Beside that, I am working on a completely original game, something similar to a RPG but open ended... I will resist and keep my mounth shut for now. It's a very ambitious project, so I am not completely sure if I will be able to complete it... ;)

Opcode

gta.gif

Greetings,

Manuel

:love: :eek: 8)

This is soooo cool! Hey, Manuel. Your version will have a definite "ending" to the game, right? This would be great! :)

Keep up the excellent progress.

8)

Hi there!

Thanks to everyone for the :thumbsup: !

This is soooo cool! Hey, Manuel. Your version will have a definite "ending" to the game, right? This would be great!  :)

I'm thinking about a definite ending, yes. And I had this idea of collecting "out of place artefacts" through the 8 levels... giving you a mission rather then just hacking'n'slaying through the corridors... :wink:

But I'll do only very minor changes, basically my aim is to get it as close to a 1:1 port as possible on the VCS.

Keep up the excellent progress.

This is a huge project. Planned release date is the 4th quarter of 2004. I hope you can wait that long :)

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi Thomas!

BTW: The shot looks 8), even a little bit 3D (though that's probably not intentional). :)

It's not intentional, but a good compromise. I can do solid, emtpy and rastered blocks. So if I do a vertical sequence of solid/rastered/emtpy, this'll either result in a bigger and a smaller wall on top/bottom, depending on wether the raster starts solid or empty. I thought it looked better having the larger walls on top, resulting in that "little bit 3D".

The only option of doing equal sized walls I can think of would be changing the raster on every other PF column. But I'm not sure wether this'd really look better. I even think it might be somewhat annoying for the eyes.

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi Stan!

Hey, any homebrewers out there wanna give us an update?

gta.gif

Greetings,

Manuel

Looks like crap

:P j/k, Looking great. Don't you ever sleep ?

Hi there!

I'm very interested to know what happened to Quest.

Bad news on that one. On Chris Larkins homepage it reads:

After long deliberation I will be dropping the Quest project... It was a very ambitious project, that I just don't have time to push out right now.

Greetings,

Manuel

Bad news on that one. On Chris Larkins homepage it reads..

What's his site URL? Maybe there's a Kablam-O update too?

Can't wait for the Homestar Runner RPG Paul. :D I forgot to give you a coaster though. D'oh! PM me your address and I'll mail it to you.