IGNORED

Hyperkin Trooper

chevymad

Several months ago, I bought a Trooper joystick. While it works excellent,  the plastic stick broke on me. I contacted Hyperkin to see if they'd send me a new stick. While they would warranty the joystick, I'd have to send the whole thing back on my dime. So I came up with this fix. The thread in the base is 7/16 course. So I took a bolt, cut off the head and rounded the end. Then you need a nut and washer on the base or the stick won't self center. Played several games last night and it works awesome !

20200811_185540.jpg

• Like 5

I hated that type of build with the Atari flashback joystick remakes. They kept popping off, though they didn't break. I used super glue to keep them on. But it's a terrible way to design a joystick, IMHO.

Maybe consider drilling a hole through the middle of the two pieces deep enough to thread a bolt all the way up the stick to reinforce it. I have same joystick. it was actually the replacement joystick under warranty for their original poorly designed joystick that came with the R77. That one broke internally.

8 hours ago, NISMOPC said:

Maybe consider drilling a hole through the middle of the two pieces deep enough to thread a bolt all the way up the stick to reinforce it. I have same joystick. it was actually the replacement joystick under warranty for their original poorly designed joystick that came with the R77. That one broke internally.

The plastic stick isn't solid. It appears to have 4 air pockets the length of it. This actually seems to work very well. Sad they have such a poor stick as the control itself works fine.