IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 6 - Worm Whomper / Utopia Bonus

3 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

So is there a reason you are buying a plethora of PT boats? Awesome score, I can almost get that high,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?

How you squeeze another 328 more points out is BEYOND me!!! 

Me?  I think you mean to ask Biff?  I wish I could get to his scores!  LOL

52 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

So @BiffMan is there a reason you are buying a plethora of PT boats? Awesome score, I can almost get that high,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?

Do not question my GENIUS!! 

Have you *seen* what's going on at that other island??? What if those guys get boats and come after me?? 

(The PT boats are just to combat boredom so I have something to do in the last half of a 30 round game)

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

I was in the park all day doing fitness camp (mostly watching) and it started to get extremely windy and possible rain. I was thinking that I was on the left Utopia island, and is it a white hurricane passing through? .... I think maybe I’m playing too much Utopia :) 

Yeah, that's when you know the current game has cemented itself in your brain. The few weeks of racing game overload on 2600 had me feeling anxious behind a real wheel, hahaha.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, hoosierdadee78 said:

993. This is the first time I’ve played this game. I’m glad for the HSC, thank you for having this because otherwise I’d probably never give this one a try. Now I’m going to try and improve my score. ?? 

B130C3EE-64B5-48D6-B8DB-9EADA6A3601D.jpeg

Great job giving it a try! Small hint: your people like food, money, housing, and civil services... 

What? Not vague enough? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, hoosierdadee78 said:

Hey thanks! The amount of different strategies to use for this game are great. It seems a little ahead of its time maybe. 

Absolutely ahead of its time. An unbelievable amount of clever programming, and the first real “god” game ever created. Don Daglow was a genius, and he made one of the best games for the system in this one. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 2

What a GREAT game! Yet another game that Atari could never have ! 

just imagine guys: all dozen of us playing Utopia in an in-person tournament (like 2-player vs tournament).... how much fun would that be? 

start with a round robin round and then seed all the players by win percentage; then to playoff eliminations! 

I think it would be more exciting then the NBA. (Unless Shaq plays Utopia). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Finally had the game I've been trying to have. Still maybe 20-ish points to be had, but an awful lot of things have to just right for that, so this will do. ?

2780 - 30t/45s

20200828_154652.jpg

Wow Biff, that is very impressive!  Seriously, you have mastered this game, inside and out. Well done sir.

• Thanks 1

6th Entry - Getting closer to 150k. Oh how I hate that long black BULLET snail. That thing is a friggen locomotive. I 'shiz' a brick every time that thing enters the screen. It's like plough balls time, lol ?

WW(141657)S13.jpg.816b9be3a53c7b775cb78a9a54801dd5.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

6th Entry - Getting closer to 150k. Oh how I hate that long black BULLET snail. That thing is a friggen locomotive. I 'shiz' a brick every time that thing enters the screen. It's like plough balls time, lol ?

WW(141657)S13.jpg.816b9be3a53c7b775cb78a9a54801dd5.jpg

Bwahahaha, now that’s funny. And you’re right, that thing is a menace!! Gotta save those plough balls just for those crazy bastards. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BiffMan said:

Finally had the game I've been trying to have. Still maybe 20-ish points to be had, but an awful lot of things have to just right for that, so this will do. ?

2780 - 30t/45s

20200828_154652.jpg

This score is INSANE!!!! It has given us a great need for a WOW emoji..... ???????

Edited by Rickster8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1