IGNORED

I've just gone and bought my first Jaguar from ebay

Ross PK

With Kasumi Ninja and Cybermorph. It cost me £200 and around £6 postage. 

fgbfbg.thumb.jpg.a54b0b4cf637bea0443757f34a5fea7e.jpg

It looks very clean with no visible scratches or scuffs, at least in the photo anyway.

I've always liked the idea of having one. I'm not sure why it has taken so long for me to get around to it.

Edited by Ross PK
  • Like 11

1 minute ago, Ross PK said:

can NTSC games be played on PAL systems?

All the games are region free.  Apparently a few, such as Raiden have updated revisions that make use of the extra scanlines available on PAL TVs, but they should all work.

Congratulations on the purchase!  This was me a few months back.  I still remember the excitement!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ross PK said:

With Kasumi Ninja and Cybermorph. It cost me £200 and around £6 postage. 

fgbfbg.thumb.jpg.a54b0b4cf637bea0443757f34a5fea7e.jpg

It looks very clean with no visible scratches or scuffs, at least in the photo anyway.

I've always liked the idea of having one. I'm not sure why it has taken so long for me to get around to it.

Congratulations! 

7 hours ago, tripled79 said:

Congrats! Looks like it has a SCART cable too! Two great games! Show no mercy!

It' CHO-NO-MERCY

SELEKT TOE FIGHTAH

I got to pick up that game next year- im already tapped out for the rest of this year. 

5 hours ago, Songbird said:

Congrats! Lots of cool games have been released in the 20+ years since Atari left the scene... plus you'll have to pick up Raiden, Tempest 2000, NBA Jam, and more if you want to see its best foot forward. :)

Songbird productions- he got to have skyhammer and total carnage before raiden.  :D

• Haha 1

Congratulations!  The Jaguar has a lot of great games, but there are also plenty of stinkers.  I have most of the original licensed production run and a few homebrews.  Lots of the homebrews are great and really showcase what the Jag can do.

1 hour ago, Jaguar 2000 said:

It' CHO-NO-MERCY

SELEKT TOE FIGHTAH

I got Katsumi Ninja with an eBay bundle as well, but it gets so little love on here and YouTube reviews that I hadn't started it up until last night.  I actually had a pretty good time.  Was literally laughing out loud a couple of times.  A true testament to 90's MK knockoff fighting games.

Hint: try jump kicks!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, cubanismo said:

I got Katsumi Ninja with an eBay bundle as well, but it gets so little love on here and YouTube reviews that I hadn't started it up until last night.  I actually had a pretty good time.  Was literally laughing out loud a couple of times.  A true testament to 90's MK knockoff fighting games.

Now if you want to play a GOOD fighting game hunt down a copy of Ultra Vortek!

3 hours ago, eightbit said:

Now if you want to play a GOOD fighting game hunt down a copy of Ultra Vortek!

its readily available online , but expect to pay about $80-110 USD for it. i think its worth it though. 
I like kasumi ninja- its kinda slow but unique for a fighting game of that era.

CHO-NO-MERCY
is akin to WHERE DID YOU LEARN TO FLY!!!

3 hours ago, cubanismo said:

Jump kick + sweep kick combo works really well on the demon form of the boss. 

Edited by Jaguar 2000

1 hour ago, Jaguar 2000 said:

its readily available online , but expect to pay about $80-110 USD for it. i think its worth it though.

Never expect to pay that. I waited for a cart only with good label...which is good enough for me. I paid $35...and that was only a few months ago.

4 hours ago, cubanismo said:

I keep telling people that! It tickles me a certain way when I hear the narrator say Gyaku's name...

8 hours ago, eightbit said:

Never expect to pay that. I waited for a cart only with good label...which is good enough for me. I paid $35...and that was only a few months ago.

that's my strategy on buying Jaguar games - unless there is a Complete in box version for a few dollars more then it makes sense to get the boxed copy for posterity- other than that, a good condition cartridge alone is enough. All my years of Sega Collecting really didn't do nothing except waste more money than i should have- e.g. i have a former brand new sealed copy of Double Dragon V (genesis) with the Tattoo, full color poster, registration card, booklet and character card- all of which are impossible to get used. I paid USD$360.00 for it. For 2 months it seemed like a great thing- then one day i just had to open it and play- Came to realize i don't care about the extras as long as the game is in condition and the manual is online to read-and only if the manual  is necessary- 

FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME! 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, cubanismo said:

The Jaguar was the first console that I bought with my own money as a teenager and so it was the first console that went into my room instead of the rec room (common area). I did not get Ultra Vortek at the time but I did get Kasumi Ninja and I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. For the time the first-person 3D interface for picking fighters was cool to me. People poke at it now but it worked as intended for the target audience. The backgrounds looked good at the time as well. Obviously it wasn't as good as MK but I still wanted to learn all of the moves and finishers. I enjoyed it for what it was.

Today I would rather play Ultra Vortek. I have Primal Rage but I can't get combos to work on the Jag even if my life depended on it. It seems broken.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

The AA store is a good place to start :)

Cool! Thanks for that. I did have a look at all of the commercial releases on Gamefaqs the other day, and today I was thinking about checking out the homebrews but completely forgot.

6 hours ago, Jaguar 2000 said:

that's my strategy on buying Jaguar games - unless there is a Complete in box version for a few dollars more then it makes sense to get the boxed copy for posterity- other than that, a good condition cartridge alone is enough. All my years of Sega Collecting really didn't do nothing except waste more money than i should have- e.g. i have a former brand new sealed copy of Double Dragon V (genesis) with the Tattoo, full color poster, registration card, booklet and character card- all of which are impossible to get used. I paid USD$360.00 for it. For 2 months it seemed like a great thing- then one day i just had to open it and play- Came to realize i don't care about the extras as long as the game is in condition and the manual is online to read-and only if the manual  is necessary- 

FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME! 

Even though I'm not a collector and I just buy games to play, I still like to have them complete in box for some reason. So even though it will cost more, possibly a LOT more, I will probably still only buy complete in box games for the Jaguar, unless there's a game that is really, really expensive if you buy it with it's box, or one that's so rare, that it could be years before I spot a complete in box version for sale.

I would've liked to have bought a Jaguar with it's box and manual, but that seems to add about another £100 onto the price, plus I don't really have the room at the moment

3 hours ago, Rick Dangerous said:

Congrats!  Kiss your wallet goodbye! 

When I started browsing the games on ebay a few days ago I was really surprised at how much they go for, and when searching for any one particular game, not that many come up. I'm guessing a lot of the games for the system were released in small numbers, and that's why they go for a lot of money?

Edited by Ross PK