IGNORED

Season 10 ~ Week 17 ~ Hard Spider Games

Vocelli

12 hours ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

Coming in late this week because I was kinda depressed all week and didn't really feel like playing video games, but I did make it my goal to play every round this season so I finally put a little time into both games tonight. :)

Spider-Man (Game 1, B/B Difficulty): 1,970

Spiderdroid (Game 1, A/B Difficulty): 4,925

DSC00018.thumb.JPG.c2a072761bb675b4c30e263baac7d910.JPG

DSC00030.thumb.JPG.d107c2915fc42da2b2d8ee2d9816e60a.JPG

Hope you're feeling better. Depression is at its worst when it stops a person from enjoying the things that give them the most joy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, AtariWarlord said:

Hope you're feeling better. Depression is at its worst when it stops a person from enjoying the things that give them the most joy.

Aww, thanks AtariWarlord! I'm doing a fair bit better today I'd say, and I think it's just the start of fall here in Minnesota that's had me feeling down. The fall is my favorite season, but it's usually an end cap to all the fun and festivities of the summer. Going to the state fair, renaissance festival, and conventions; all the things that didn't happen this year on account of the pandemic. It kinda feels like the summer that never was. But hey, I suppose the sooner this summer is behind us the sooner next year's return to post-pandemic fun can begin! :)

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

Aww, thanks AtariWarlord! I'm doing a fair bit better today I'd say, and I think it's just the start of fall here in Minnesota that's had me feeling down. The fall is my favorite season, but it's usually an end cap to all the fun and festivities of the summer. Going to the state fair, renaissance festival, and conventions; all the things that didn't happen this year on account of the pandemic. It kinda feels like the summer that never was. But hey, I suppose the sooner this summer is behind us the sooner next year's return to post-pandemic fun can begin! :)

Not quite the same thing, but growing up in North Florida, Fall was definitely my favorite season, for reasons somewhat similar-not that there were many "public" activities during the Summer(too hot. Just go to the Beach, or a spring or something...), but Fall would cool down just enough, Halloween was always mostly nice weather, the North Florida State Fair came thru my hometown, our local "airport"(AERO-was actually a "test center" for new planes, I saw cool stuff flying overhead all the time!), had a huge airshow, it was just a fun time of the year.

The weather is pretty ok in the Fall here where I live now, but activities are limited to livestock auctions and...

(Thinking...)

I couldn't think of anything else.

:(

Ah, it can sometimes redirect one more than they intend, but I swear, I fight depression by "finding a new hobby", or even exploring farther into a microniche of a hobby I already have. One can always get back to what they were doing before, but sometimes it takes a "new distraction" to drive the demons away.

Mine right now is...Meteorites, lol!!!

:)

I took the Bounty I won from Scott Stilphen from my super-amazingly ridiculously superhuman Espial score(lol, I'm hanging on to that pride for a while, BTW...), and bought my first "space rock", and it just got kinda stupid from there...

Not sure why that's the direction I took-I was gonna frame the $(seriously...), but it was PPl money, so I just racked my brain for something "interesting", and "permanent", and, well...

Oops. New place to sink $.

(The larger of the two individuals is my Espial Bounty Meteorite, BTW, Kenyan Pallasite).

Hope things look up for ya, Man!!!

MeteorShelf92.jpg

Kenyan.jpg

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Rogerpoco said:

Ah, it can sometimes redirect one more than they intend, but I swear, I fight depression by "finding a new hobby", or even exploring farther into a microniche of a hobby I already have. One can always get back to what they were doing before, but sometimes it takes a "new distraction" to drive the demons away.

That's good wisdom, and a very cool hobby you found yourself with! In my case I've been doing much the same thing lately, only instead of collecting meteorites I've gotten back into my old hobby of collecting and playing around with Nerf blasters. I sold off all my Nerf stuff about 7 years ago during a financial crisis and just started collecting again a couple weeks ago.

Now I've got half a dozen packages coming in the mail at the moment, but my first pickup was my old favorite blaster that I somehow managed to score new in box on eBay for just $10 over the original MSRP! It's a Nerf Rapidstrike CS-18, which is a fully automatic magazine fed dart blaster that runs on 4 C-cell batteries. This thing can fling foam like nobody's business! :D

151466531_20200907111124_IMG_60873.thumb.JPG.752ef741634e97ca4242e92ae77bd9c0.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1