IGNORED

This weekend's find!!!!

bobafett07728

Well, I finally went out searching for some Atari 2600 stuff in the wild this past weekend. My initial goal was to find some joysticks, as I am in dire need of some backups (I only have my trusty Epyx 500XJ, and two Standard Atari joysticks.) I went to the local flea market, and found a video game store, and asked if they had any Atari controllers. The guy pulled out a crate full of them, and I started to salivate. Not only did I see a plentiful supply of Epyx 500XJ's, there were som other interesting sticks. So I picked up a set of Epyx 500XJ, a set of Slick Sticks, a TAC-2, a tiny little controller (looked really cool, and works well), and two Wico joysticks similar to the Epyx, but with rubberized casings. The joysticks were $2 each, so I think I did OK. I also was able to score some cartridges:

Winter Games

Summer Games (I have all of Epyx now)

Dig Dug

Pole Position

H.E.R.O.

Ghostbusters

Pitfall II

Kung Fu Master

Pressure Cooker

Megamania

Bridge

Checkers

Chopper Command

Robot Tank

None of the games were expensive (only a couple bucks), and Pole Position actually came sealed in the box. Needless to say, I spent the rest of the weekend playing all my "new" games, and trying out my "new" joysticks. A weekend well spent!!!

Congrats on the complete Epyx set. I play mine often.

My cool find was an NES with eight games for $10. I'm not a turncoat (I still prefer my Atari 2600) but I couldn't pass up the venerable Super Mario Bros. 1-3 series and hope to get the classics for it (Mario Bros, Pac-Man, etc.).

Voch

allright.. to you its monday night.. to me.. its saturday night.. all right. its after midnight. so its technicaly sunady morning. to you tuesday..

confused yet?

in any case.. today was my day to hit all my vintage store contacts around town..

so heres todays haul..

Warlords.. $4.75 I've ben rabid about getting this game for a couple of weeks and I find it in the wild.. I could've talked sharron down on it.. unfortunatly.. sharron wasn't there.. the ironic thing is.. I had just sent off my money order out to the dude on flea bay for the exact same cart.. for the exact same price.. please.. kick me now.. in either case.. I now have two copies... I was rabid on account the kids at the pub wanted to throw down some warlords action after hours.. and my god. I forgot how FUN this game is!

allright.. next couple of hits.. not atari.. but fun none the less...

TWO for ONE! Microsoft sidewinder game pads.. TWO of them.. $3.25.. both work just fine.. now all I need is a dual port controller card..

now the indulgence of the beerness of my life.. I picked up a character mug for $2.. its a pretty low key character mug.. basicly molded to look like a tapered barel with a facade of a clipper ship.. and over that.. it says BEER.. nothing too fancy.. but fun none the less.

now for antiquated computer stuff.. a very old gravis joystick.. with very odd looking connectors.. it looks like the controller goes in line of a PS2 type connector.. I'm thinking its macintosh.. I need to do some research on this one.. it was a gift so I gotta play and figure it out

TWO for ONE! Microsoft sidewinder game pads.. TWO of them.. $3.25.. both work just fine.. now all I need is a dual port controller card..

My favorite PC pad. Are they the original, black, 10-button, game-port pads? If so flip off the cover on the back (right under where the cord attaches) and you should find a pass through to connect 'em together.

My favorite PC pad. Are they the original, black, 10-button, game-port pads? If so flip off the cover on the back (right under where the cord attaches) and you should find a pass through to connect 'em together.

ahhhh..thats what thats for!

now do I need to do anything skrewy in set up for that to work as two indpendant game pads?

like say.. for multiple players on MAME?

ahhhh..thats what thats for!

now do I need to do anything skrewy in set up for that to work as two indpendant game pads?

like say.. for multiple players on MAME?

Do you have the proper driver (3.02)? I could email it to you, if you'd like. It is 6.5MB, however, so I hope you have broadband! :D