IGNORED

Anyone tried using Capacitive touch screen with SDrive Max?

Tickled_Pink

As the title says. I don't really like these cheap resistive touch screens. I'm always likely to lose the damned pen, even if I make a case with a holder.

I've seen some decent enough looking screens at not too mad prices. Before I have a go at it, I was wondering if anyone else has managed to get an SDrive Max working with one of these.

I don't know if anyone has attempted this, but one advantage to a capacitive sensor over the resistive one is that it would you would not have to go through the position calibration procedure (touch the '+' in each corner).  One disadvantage would be that, depending on your cases screen bezel, it may be difficult to hit a target on the edge of the screen with your finger.  This disadvantage can be mitigated with good UI design, though.

The existing resistive touch screens can be used with a finger just fine, by and large, albeit with a bit less precision if you're not careful. That said, most of the available case designs these days have slots for the stylus, which is a pretty handy way to help avoid losing them.