IGNORED

zip drive

rietveld

6 hours ago, rietveld said:

I saw RFDiRocco's zip setup.  I would like to install a zip using my IDE card.  can i use any zip drive? or does it need to be ATAPI? Non ATAPI? 100?250?

thanks in advance for the help

Original ZIP 100mb drive only, ATAPI will not work, no way, nope

2 hours ago, adamcon said:

The label says simply IDE Zip 100, the ATAPI is labeled also.  It's all in the sticker

i just bought this

Tekman found this on ebay for me

huge thanks to him

i am running a MI dual IDE hard drive using your ide card.  My plan is to replace the slave ide with the Zip100

20 minutes ago, rietveld said:

i just bought this

Tekman found this on ebay for me

huge thanks to him

i am running a MI dual IDE hard drive using your ide card.  My plan is to replace the slave ide with the Zip100

Looks good mon..............I can email you the format disks, etc unless you want to give it a whirl your ownself.  I looked at Ebay US & CA and they both had some available too.

Edited by adamcon

1 hour ago, adamcon said:

Looks good mon..............I can email you the format disks, etc unless you want to give it a whirl your ownself.  I looked at Ebay US & CA and they both had some available too.

The disk images would be helpful

i have an older win xp system with a zip 100 so i can easily make the zip disks once i ha ve the proper format disks

4 hours ago, rietveld said:

The disk images would be helpful

i have an older win xp system with a zip 100 so i can easily make the zip disks once i ha ve the proper format disks

I may be off the curve here ...... but, I also wonder if you can just do a block copy of the cf drive #1 onto a zip disk.....................................seems like that would work, although I am not tech support or the programming brain

38 minutes ago, adamcon said:

I may be off the curve here ...... but, I also wonder if you can just do a block copy of the cf drive #1 onto a zip disk.....................................seems like that would work, although I am not tech support or the programming brain

yes you can

that is how i made my 2 physical IDE hard drives.   I used a usb to IDE adapter to connect a physical IDE drive to my laptop then used windows disk manager to format it.  I then ran your CF card software writer and selected the IDE hard drive instead of CF card as the destination.    

Since this worked I decided to try this with a zip drive that is in an old Win xp computer and sure enough it wrote the image to the zip

2 minutes ago, rietveld said:

yes you can

that is how i made my 2 physical IDE hard drives.   I used a usb to IDE adapter to connect a physical IDE drive to my laptop then used windows disk manager to format it.  I then ran your CF card software writer and selected the IDE hard drive instead of CF card as the destination.    

Since this worked I decided to try this with a zip drive that is in an old Win xp computer and sure enough it wrote the image to the zip

Then it should work, the only software I used was the same as for making a physical IDE hard drive

26 minutes ago, rietveld said:

just waiting for the zip drive to make its way up here. 

Ok thinking....................OUCH, that hurt.  The original software for IDE from Micro Innovations only allows 10 EOS and 4 TDOS partitions, while I think if you "copied" the cf IDE setup you got 20 EOS and 5 TDOS, correct?  If so, the original will not be the best bet here..............

50 minutes ago, adamcon said:

Ok thinking....................OUCH, that hurt.  The original software for IDE from Micro Innovations only allows 10 EOS and 4 TDOS partitions, while I think if you "copied" the cf IDE setup you got 20 EOS and 5 TDOS, correct?  If so, the original will not be the best bet here..............

yes the hard drive i am using noiw is a morror image of the CF card   .   20 EOS

1 hour ago, RGDiRocco said:

Tell me what to pull up or take pictures of and I'll give it to you I hooked the drive up though I don't usually use it. I'll send you what I can.

16002173810724600969694351655218.jpg

Thank you for taking time to help me.

Are you using this as a stand alone drive plugged into the IDE card or are you running a hard drive and using this as the slave off of the ide cable?  I have a dual IDE hard drive setup with 2 physical hard drives instead of CF cards.  I would like to replace the slave with the zip so that i can swap hard drive images easily.   

How do you create empty disks ?  and how hard is it to copy programs  and files to the zip?   

sorry for all of the questions

I have used it as both a stand alone and with an additional HD. It is looked at as if it is an HD no differently by MI Hard Disk Software.  

How do you create empty disks ?  Using MI HD V3.9 I Partitioned the Zip as a 20meg, EOS 20, EOS Vol 10 and TDOS 2 then Init the directories.

How hard is it to copy programs and files to the zip?  Copying files is no different. Initially if Im duplicating I use FileManager 3.0 

9 hours ago, RGDiRocco said:

I have used it as both a stand alone and with an additional HD. It is looked at as if it is an HD no differently by MI Hard Disk Software.  

How do you create empty disks ?  Using MI HD V3.9 I Partitioned the Zip as a 20meg, EOS 20, EOS Vol 10 and TDOS 2 then Init the directories.

How hard is it to copy programs and files to the zip?  Copying files is no different. Initially if Im duplicating I use FileManager 3.0 

perfect.  thank you

as soon as i get the zip in i will be all set

• 2 weeks later...