IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 12 - Frog Bog

3 hours ago, Intelligentleman said:

Also, you guys ever notice how the night time stage sometimes lasts longer or shorter? Is that a random thing, or...

Night ends after the remaining on-screen bugs are eaten or leave the screen.  Could be short if you snag 'em quickly, but nothing else will spawn once night falls.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BiffMan said:

410 - bonus (dir+tongue) 

This is definitely the main way we played BITD, mainly because you can score so much higher, but going to take some refresher practice to get back to that point. Landing in the water way too often. 

20200928_140255.jpg

Yup, this is what I was trying to explain earlier. Steeper learning curve, but more control over the frog.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

Yup, this is what I was trying to explain earlier. Steeper learning curve, but more control over the frog.

Yeah, it's completely superior in all ways to the automated one and after you've played for a while, you'll start to get frustrated at ones you should have had but the game wouldn't let you.  That said, there is a significant learning curve to not fly around like a maniac, but it's oh-so-awesome when you manage one of those dual-dragonfly hits because you jumped just right.  ?

I always thought the controls on this were pretty impressive actually.  The combination of direction and duration of press was implemented really well and once you wrap your brain around it, allows for an exceptional amount of precision in your jumps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Yeah, it's completely superior in all ways to the automated one and after you've played for a while, you'll start to get frustrated at ones you should have had but the game wouldn't let you.  That said, there is a significant learning curve to not fly around like a maniac, but it's oh-so-awesome when you manage one of those dual-dragonfly hits because you jumped just right.  ?

I always thought the controls on this were pretty impressive actually.  The combination of direction and duration of press was implemented really well and once you wrap your brain around it, allows for an exceptional amount of precision in your jumps.

Great scores Biffman. Looks like you're a Frog Bog madman as well.... :-o

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rickster8 said:

Great scores Biffman. Looks like you're a Frog Bog madman as well.... :-o

It was definitely a family favorite BITD, but feels pretty rusty to play now.  I think we must have spent an insane amount of time on it.  I remember we would rarely miss a bug between the two players.  My father and I got the high score on this round in the Intellivision VideoChallenge finals, but that was mostly because he was awesome at the game.  ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1