IGNORED

How far along are YOU guys on Yar's Strike???......

BIGHMW

I'm starting to get back my old chops I used to have in my gaming prime back in the 80s, I just now reached level 3 out-of-the allotted 8, I figure she plays better with the CX52 because currently my CX24 I prefer to use with my 7800 Redemption 5200 is having issues and needs to be traded in for 2 Best Electronics-modded ones so I don't have some issues with not being able to move left on some occasions (bubble contacts on my CX24 are wearing out on me), I already lost one of my fire buttons on one of them, I have 4 of them, all ordered brand new (deadstock NIB, through the now-defunct videogames.org on eBay back about 15 years ago), but at least I now know that when that dreaded Qotile turns into a very aggressive swirl (more aggressive than in Yars' Revenge was and certainly faster on this port) I know I need to retreat and/or get behind the Ion zone and ready my photon cannon on it once I touch it (or eat enough shield). so I can blast it into oblivion.

I'll eventually be back to being the (almost) master class gamer I was in 1983-87, on both the 2600 and 5200 soon, and eventually complete all 8 levels, but be warned that it's not as easy as Yars' Revenge was on the 2600, not by any means, if you don't believe me, try it out for yourself, of course more practice will do me good, but I was just wondering how far you guys are getting on it.

Yar's Strike.bin Yar's Strike - 8-bit Version.zip