IGNORED

AGE attendies...what was your take on the Cuttle Cart II?

DEBRO

Unfortunately, Albert didn't have time to set up the CC2 for display due to how hectic things were.

ummm.. I was just wondernig then... How complicated is it???

I was under the impression you just plugged it in and it worked??

Or do you mean he didn't have time to pre-load an MMC with any games??

hhhmmm..

So, what does the CC2 do if it's plugged in, but has no games on the MMC (or no MMC?)?? Just wondering, not that I plan to do that.. :-)

desiv

Setting up the MMC for the CC2 is tedious. You have to make sure all of your ROMs follow the 8.3 naming convention, and create a file to tell it what games use what banking, etc. There will be a template file you can cut and paste from for that information, but you're on your own for renaming the ROMs.

So yes, there's some annoying one time setup involved with the CC2.

If you start it without an MMC it tells you to insert the MMC and waits until you do.

Chad

Thanx! That makes sense now...

That's not too bad actually...

(Well, especially considering I'm not busy setting up for a gaming expo.. :-)

And as for the 8.3... It was Satan himself who invented long filenames!!!

EVIL!! They seem friendly at first, enticing... Then, when you're hooked..

BAM!!

Corrupted what??? Filename and directory name too long? Network path? UNC?? Aaarrrghghghhhh!!!

Next thing you know, your boss is making you install W2K Server because the rep said that will fix all the problems... And might as well go with Exchange Server and IIS while you're at it.. Don't want any interoperability problems... Of course, AD will do what you need!!!

Nnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

er.. umm.. Was that out loud? Sorry...

So, basically, CC2 - KUAL, some config for the MMC.. got it..

desiv

Yes, unfortunately I didn't have time to setup the CC2, which sucks since I went out and bought an MMC card and reader! Although I guess that's not a bad thing, since I will have use of them once I have my very own Cuttle Cart 2. Also, we were short a few systems at the show, so couldn't run as many simultaneous demos as we would have liked (I think we had six systems setup, plus Joe Grand was demoing Adventure II at his booth with the Redemption 5200 controller adapter). And the turnout was much heavier than we expected, so things were rather hectic. I did have the cart with me, and did show it to several people who asked about it. The label looks very nice. :)

..Al

You have to make sure all of your ROMs follow the 8.3 naming convention, and create a file to tell it what games use what banking, etc.

Actually, I was able to get around the 8.3 limitation during testing. Did I forget to tell you about that Chad? :?

Mitch