IGNORED

Space Ace with outer box?

Gunstar

I own Dragon's lair and Braidead 13 which I picked up new with the outer boxes (even though I see BD13 often advertised on E-bay as "new" with no outer box), but I have yet to see SpaceAce on E-bay "new" with the outer box. Does anyone own a copy with the large outer box? I want to buy this game for my collection, but if it came with the outer box than that is what I must have. I've noticed VGL and GoAtari auctions claiming new shrink wrapped copies, but they have no outer box so I'm wondering if this game was ever released that way...I could swear that I saw this game at EB back in the day with the outer box, but I can't seem to find a copy like that now. Anyone know?

I thought I had remembered correctly that I'd seen it in the big box. Thanks Lemmi! Now I know for sure! I guess I'll just keep searching for one in the big box then, I want it the RIGHT way for my collection, so I guess I won't be buying it from VGL or GoAtari! That would have sucked if it ONLY came in the small case, it's bad enough that I don't have large boxes for BL and Vidgrid to go next to the rest of my cd boxes! :sad:

I have longboxes for Myst, Battlemorph, Hover Strike and Highlander; I think all CD titles were sold this way.

You may well find that there were a few hundred (thousand?) copies of BD13/DL/SA that were produced but not put in longboxes due to Atari folding. I suspect ReadySoft were producing them themselves as they came in jewelcases and not the cardboard trifold-boxes that other JagCDs came in.

Feel free to prove me wrong...this is just supposition, but on good grounds, I think.

Stone

Yep, I have long boxes for all of the "Atari-era" CD releases... must've gotten lucky. ;) (nothing like getting into collecting for the Jag in 1996!) Only World Tour Racing, IS2, and the new CD-bypass games don't have em.

(ed: and the pack-ins... forgot to mention them. :)

I started collecting early on too, but because I'm a player/collector, I collected the better games first and have saved most of the worse games for last and Space Ace always seems to get bad reviews (even though I enjoyed it in the arcades years ago), so it happens to be one of the last half-dozen or so games I haven't gotten yet. I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled for a rare long box edition that's new or get one used in good condition. That being said, anyone have a Longbox edition in good condition they want to sell or trade?

Yeah hold out for a longbox version of SA, good collector choice :) I S U C K at Space Ace. It is so hard to figure out what to do because there are so many possibilities. Your in outer space so there is hardly ever any clear cut path to victory so to speak. Dragons Lair was in an enclosed environment pretty much and was easy to figure out which direction you had to go. Space Ace doesn't have this clarity. It looks good though.

Well, SA's impossible just because it IS!! It's a great test of ESP, but there's a known issue that the video is out of sync with the commands.. you need to be a tiny bit ahead.

No other version of SA is so hard... the video is about 1/2 sec behind the move you have to make...

Well, SA's impossible just because it IS!! It's a great test of ESP, but there's a known issue that the video is out of sync with the commands.. you need to be a tiny bit ahead.

No other version of SA is so hard... the video is about 1/2 sec behind the move you have to make...

actaully ithink its the easiest on the Jag, at least it doesn freeze up the fmv before every new scene - and youll know when you make the right move whe nthe tune sound changes :)

i enjoy my space from the big box :P

The boxes exist, I've seen them but you're not likely to find them easily. I was lucky enough to get my Dragons Lair in a box and I must say that the box is extremely well made. It seems to much stiffer than the regular Jag CD boxes. In fact it's the only Jag CD box I own that isn't all bent up or creased.

Tempest