IGNORED

Sega Genesis - Underrated Game: Comix Zone

Jasoco

I just picked this up today for $1.99 after reading a small "review" on a web site. I saw he screenshot and remembered actually seeing commercials for this back in the 90's. The review said it was good so I went to the store with my list in hand and saw it there in the bin.

I brought it home and it's a really cool unique game! Though, I find it a little tough. Maybe I haven't mastered it yet, but it's really cool.

I wasn't even expecting them to have it but there it was. The guy wasn't sure what it was and I told him about it. It must have been really obscure.

It makes a great addition to my small but humble collection.

I had a free version that came with my HP computer my Jr. year of college, and haven't seen it since. Was fun as hell to play though. It also came with Ecco the Dolphin, but it crashed constantly. HP told me that was because they shipped a bad version and were going to send me a new one to replace it but I don't think they ever did.

Just one thing to remember, though. Apparently, Comix Zone doesn't work at all with the 6-button controller. Not even with the Mode button pressed at startup. It freaked me out because I thought I had killed my game already. But it worked fine with the 3-button controller. Which is why I have one of each.

Comix Zone is an awsome game. The first time I played it was on the Sega Channel. I got a used copy when the local Video Update went under(too bad seeing as they had a huge anime section and still rented NES games in 1998).

Just one thing to remember, though. Apparently, Comix Zone doesn't work at all with the 6-button controller. Not even with the Mode button pressed at startup. It freaked me out because I thought I had killed my game already. But it worked fine with the 3-button controller. Which is why I have one of each.

huh? I never play comix zone with my three button controllers. I'm pretty sure the second set of buttons is used for selecting the weapon.

One thing I like about this game is the Elvis-like riff on the "singing Sega" logo intro.  Ranks right along with the nerdy voice saying "Virgin" at the company's corporate logo intro to Global Gladiators(?) for Genesis.

If there's one thing the Genesis has is cooler game logo's. From the standard Sonic "Se-ga.." to the Elvis singing, I don't remember the SNES having nearly as many cool openings. Sure, Zelda had that 3D rotating Triforce, but what else did they have?

Comix Zone is an awsome game.  The first time I played it was on the Sega Channel.  I got a used copy when the local Video Update went under(too bad seeing as they had a huge anime section and still rented NES games in 1998).

Heh. Actually, the Game Stop I go to used to be a Video Update.

huh?  I never play comix zone with my three button controllers.  I'm pretty sure the second set of buttons is used for selecting the weapon.

All I know is it wouldn't even give me the copyright when I tried to start it with the 6-button controller. And I tried everything before switching them.

this was one of the about 10 games i had with my genny before i stupidly sold it at funcoland. its a great game and always had a blast playing it. i only beat it once though. i also got it on my emulator because i loved it so. and i also used my 6 button and the extra buttons were used for selecting the items i remember that indefinitly. if i ever decide to go pick up another genny this is my first game im getting, besides all the sonic games hehe

Maybe it was a fluke. Hopefully it was. I haven't gotten much use from my 6-button controller yet and I'd like to. I'll try it again later. Hopefully it was a one time thing. All I know is it refused to run with my Sega branded 6-buttoner.