IGNORED

Gosh this seems dumb....

I'm using Altirra under VM (can't say it's any better than the real MacAtari800 emu) but anyway...

As I was trying to get .asm files from a drive using 'ENTER d#: MYSOUCE.ASM' but I cannot enter the hash key with Parallels. Duh! Im missing a trick to get Altirra to recognise the ctrl-Alt-3 keypress. Can't seem to map it properly. Anyone help please?

Altirra author here -- this is due to an unfortunate conflict between the international keyboard layout you are using (presumably Spanish) and a default keyboard shortcut in the emulator. Specifically, the AltGr+3 or Ctrl+Alt+3 combination to produce a # sign on that keyboard layout conflicts with a preset command shortcut in the emulator to toggle audio channel 3. You can remove this conflicting shortcut in Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts by typing Ctrl+Alt+3 in the Shortcut box, then selecting the entry to Audio.ToggleChannel3 that shows up and clicking Remove.

Alternatively, in System > Configure System > Keyboard you can switch the keyboard layout from Natural to Direct, which will then bind keys by position similarly to the original Atari keyboard layout. This will make Shift+3 give #, but Shift+2 will then produce " instead of @.

As Stephen noted, though, you don't actually want to type a # sign for the ENTER command in BASIC, you want to specify the actual drive number.

13 hours ago, Stephen said:

that syntax should most likely be D1:FILE.ASM or D2:FILE.ASM, etc.  The # key would represent the drive number.

I think he might have meant something like ENTER#D:MYSOURCE.ASM, this is the syntax MAC/65 uses and possibly some other assemblers too (EASMD, if I remember correctly, was pretty similar).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1