IGNORED

Jersey Atari Computer Group (J.A.C.G.) Disk Archive

cx2k

Anyone know of any archives of the JACG Disk Library? I just got hold of a bunch of their disks and have backed them up.

Did a search and only thing I see on archive.org is the newsletters and the "catalog" of the library. Would like to fill in the missing disks and put together a complete archive for others to enjoy.

Thanks,

John

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, cx2k said:

Yeah, I will. Just have to figure out where to upload them. Maybe I'll just host them for people to grab.

Do it on a more permanent place like archive.org.   That way if you ever get sick of the hobby, or anything happens to you (hopefully not) they will be there for years to come.  Hell, zip them up and put them in this message as far as that goes.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, rkindig said:

Did these disks get archived????  I came into possession 119 JACG disks and wondered if I need to archive them or get them archived?

@cx2k

Don't know if they have been archived, but I've not been able to find them.  To be fair, I haven't looked in a while.

I can try and archive them if needed (would obviously need to get a hold of the physical disks) . Just need someone to tell me what I'd need to do - with my 1050 and FujiNet I'd think Id be able to use whatever software is recommended to do a copy from the physical D1: (or whichever) to a FujiNet mounted ATR, or something similar.. pretty simlpy I'd assume if they didn't involve any copy protection.

Thanks, tried a few disks in Atari800Plus and they crash, tried in 800 and XL modes.  What is the issue?  (EDIT, ok seems it was only a few disks, the others seem to load okay)

Edited by tjlazer

21 hours ago, tjlazer said:

Thanks, tried a few disks in Atari800Plus and they crash, tried in 800 and XL modes.  What is the issue?  (EDIT, ok seems it was only a few disks, the others seem to load okay)

Yeah, I'm finding several disks that crash the emulator upon attempted boot.  I'll re-archive those disks, assuming they run on real hardware.