IGNORED

made some CF7/NanoPEB tols in XB

hloberg

using XMOUNT program and some other stuff yesterday I wrote in XB a little series of utilities for the CF7/NanoPEB. it's a menu program with some tools on it. There is 2 types, one is a LOAD file that comes up from DSK1. the other named M is to be run from DSK3 so that it can stay resident.

Here is what's on the menu:

1.) VOLUME MANAGER  - this loads the disk manager 1000 into DSK1 (if you have it in volume 1) then reboots the TI menu. if you don't have yours in volume 1 change the XMOUNT in line 35 to CALL LINK("XMOUNT",1,(whatever volume you have DM1000 in))

2.) CARD VOL LIST - this list out the volumes on your card but in this program you can specify the start volume number and it shows 40 volumes a screen. (note, this utility likes the volume names less than 9 chars and will show garbage if the volume is un-formated)

3.) DIR OF VOL#  - this just shows the files in whatever volume you specify.

4.) DIR OF DRV. - just a drive directory program. must put in drive spec such as DRV1 to work.

5.) LOAD VOL# IN DRV 1 - this will load the volume in drive 1 then reboot to TI menu.

6.) LIST OF SUB/DIR - I don't know how you have your CF7 card arranged but I have like files clumped together like in sub-directories. this is just a list I created of how I have mine clumped  together. It reads from DATA statements so change lines 1000-2000 with however you have your card arranged.

7.) END - end

I know, there probably ways to make this faster but I wanted this to be in XB so I could use it in XB programming. If you have a good idea to improve it, be my guest. just repost the mod here.

CF7XMOUNT.dsk

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, hloberg said:

2.) CARD VOL LIST - this list out the volumes on your card but in this program you can specify the start volume number and it shows 40 volumes a screen. (note, this utility likes the volume names less than 9 chars and will show garbage if the volume is un-formated

Very cool stuff.  It looks like you have some assembly support. I wonder if a simple assembly subroutine to read sector 0 and a test for 'DSK' in the volume info block would help you determine if the volume is formatted?

50 minutes ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

Very cool stuff.  It looks like you have some assembly support. I wonder if a simple assembly subroutine to read sector 0 and a test for 'DSK' in the volume info block would help you determine if the volume is formatted?

the xmount program is from by Guillaume Tello’s website: https://gtello.pagesperso-orange.fr/ti99_e.htm . @moulinaie

one simple way I thought about to see if the volume was formatted was to check the 1st letter of the name string. 99% of the time it looked like the 1st letter was NOT alpha if not formatted. but a check would have slowed down the read.

• Like 1