IGNORED

Synapse Series Multicart!

I'm curious about compatibility too.

Most of those games are being listed as working on XE, athough not all originally worked on the XE platforms. I know I have Shamus & Picnic Paranoia right now and neither play on my XEGS, but they're both listed as XE above? Did someone alter the code to make them compatible?

Also what exactly is the "electronic signature?" Do you press something to bring up a cart # on screen?

I'm curious about compatibility too.  

Most of those games are being listed as working on XE, athough not all originally worked on the XE platforms. I know I have Shamus & Picnic Paranoia right now and neither play on my XEGS, but they're both listed as XE above?  Did someone alter the code to make them compatible?  

Also what exactly is the "electronic signature?"  Do you press something to bring up a cart # on screen?

Yes, the games were altered to play on systems they normally would not

play on.

As far as the electronic signature, it is actually on the GAL chip. It does

not display on the TV screen.

Mark

We had originally planned on putting it on the cart, but we ran out of

space! Some of the disk game took up more space than we had

anticipated. We compressed everything as much as we could.

I did post an actual listing of all of the games and what systems they

would play on later in the thread. Lode Runners Rescue was removed.

Mark

Does anyone else see erratic behavior in Shamus II ?

On my 800XL, it starts normally, but after shooting a few guys, their 'explosions' (fuzz) just stays onscreen, and the boom noises ring forever. The game continues, but the screen gets more and more cluttered.

Evidently a bug crept in there somewhere.

Corroboration, anyone?

On my 800XL, it starts normally, but after shooting a few guys, their 'explosions' (fuzz) just stays onscreen, and the boom noises ring forever.  The game continues, but the screen gets more and more cluttered.

Corroboration, anyone?

I dont have an image of this cart, but does the game freeze when you press space on the keyboard?

The exe version from the Jellystone park archive does that. I tried it with and without translator to the same effect.

On my 800XL, it starts normally, but after shooting a few guys, their 'explosions' (fuzz) just stays onscreen, and the boom noises ring forever.  The game continues, but the screen gets more and more cluttered.

Corroboration, anyone?

I dont have an image of this cart, but does the game freeze when you press space on the keyboard?

The exe version from the Jellystone park archive does that. I tried it with and without translator to the same effect.

That's the classic space bar bug which was supposed to be fixed with this cart. Space is supposed to bring up a map.

Corroboration, anyone?

Hi classics! (love your 8 bit products!)

No. As Shannon astutely pointed out, you are referring to the LONG-standing spacebar bug in SC2 (that glitch has been circulating for 15+ years!). This one is different (much worse!)

Actually, Sunmark has successfully corrected the spacebar bug. This new glitch is a serious corruption that renders the game completely unplayable. I observed similar corruption in Pharaoh's Curse, although in that case it was highly intermittent.

I have made Sunmark aware of this, and they are working on it.

I play tested the entire cart, and the rest of the games seemed to perform normally.

Regards

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Supergenius

Are you gonna make more carts?

I'm interested in the 1 mbyte cart, but I have a few questions:

is it based on EEPROM/FLASH, and can I overwrite the image with my own software? Would that be easy, or would it need extra (burning) voltage like EPROMs do?

I'm planning to make a supergame which needs the 1 mbytes fully(equivalent to 4 floppies), which I want to share with the community that has this cart too.

You won't have to put the 50 games on it then, cause I will put my own game on it. Will it then be cheaper??

-----

mux