IGNORED

PAL or not

Redcurrie

Most PAL 7800 carts come in the same boxes that the NTSC ones do. The carts are also indistinguishable from each other apart from a little "P" sticker which is put on the PAL ones. This does have a tendency to fall off... typical. Some of my PAL 7800 carts have no P, backing this up. So until you plug it into a machine, you may not know what region a cart is from...

As a Pal collector let me clarify the situation.

Most carts have a small black square sticker on the back with a white or silver P on them.

Some carts have the P printed on the end label

Some have no P on them what so ever. (I have had sealed games like this so it's not just a sticker falling off.)

This also applies to 2600 carts as well.

I hope this helps.

OK I've had a good look through my collection (approx 20 carts), and can confirm that none of my 7800 Pal titles have a P on the end label. (just square labels on back of most)

But in my 2600 collection (approx 60-70 carts) I have 12 different carts with a P on the end label.

Hope that clears things up.

Out of my 250+ 2600 cart collection id say about 15 have a p on the end, So that isnt much really.

I wouldnt know why anyone would bother putting a P on a label in the day anyway, Unless they didnt want to mix the format in the factory?

I'm at the stage now, where I am seriously considering buying a proper NTSC machine either a 7800 or a 2600.

All the TV's on sale in the UK are compatible, so I might as well take advantage of the technology, at least I won't have to mess around trying to get things to work.

Then I can stop worrying about the carts I buy being NTSC or PAL, PAL is a downer, I might just move the the US instead (j/k) lol...