IGNORED

I have met my Arch-Nemesis...

Jasoco

Today I wandered into the Game Stop to find the most horrible sight a collector could ever see. Someone there before them.

This guy, this god damn meanie guy was frantically flipping through the Genesis bin. He had a huge.. no TWO huge stacks of games set aside and was continuously going through the pile looking for games.

So I had to keep a low profile. Didn't want him knowing there was another collector loose or I'd be up cripple creek if you catch my drift. By which I mean he'd take all the good games and leave me with the leftovers.

But he was there for 10 minutes after I went in. I just kept looking over the SNES and NES games waiting for the guy to leave. I kept wishing evil thoughts on him. Maybe a heart attack or a change of mind. But no. He finished. Carried over 4 huge stacks of games one at a time to the counter. And checked out with almost $150 worth of Genesis games.

God only knows what I missed by leaving work late like I did. Not that there was much there to start with. I didn't see many good games when I was there on Wednesday either. But still. Now all that's left is really badly beaten up games or ripped labels. I could see a game I want really bad but the label is in such a condition it's not worth it.

God only knows what other stores he's already pillaged in his wake. The clerks said he might just be going through town, and I hope so, if I have competition, this ain't gonna be pretty.

Why he couldn't have been going through the NES shelf is beyond me. Why did it have to be Genesis???

I keep praying for some guy to bring in a box full of games and restock the thing. I REALLY need Sonic 3.

On the bright side, it gave me tiome to really look over the SNES rack. I found two games I really wanted, Super Off-Road and True Lies. As well as Super R-Type (Which is really cool on my emulator) and the Street Fighter II I mentioned in my other thread.

*sigh*

'Tis the life of a collector. 'Tis my fate.

I would've gotten over there and picked up as many carts as I could when he was still there, maybe couldv'e gotten some of the really good ones before he did

He was literally hunched over the whole thing. His hands were moving too fast for human eyes to see. I would have lost a limb. I would, however, have liked to see the list of what he got. He said "one of every Genesis game". And most were dupes. But I hope to God he didn't get any Madden games. Those were my goal for the day.

Why did I agree to work another 40 minutes?

I met one of the Columbus "sumguys" a few weeks ago...turns out, it's the guy I usually buy stuff from at the Expo...too bad he closed his shop down now. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I was gone for a whole month, so I never got a chance to buy any of his stuff???

DAMMIT!!

I just remembered something! He took the one game I was looking so forward to buying there!! Super Hang-On! Oh, man! I hope to God he's just passing through.. Grrr...

Must find new supply of Genesis games! MUST FIND!!!!!!

Today I wandered into the Game Stop to find the most horrible sight a collector could ever see. Someone there before them.

This guy, this god damn meanie guy was frantically flipping through the Genesis bin. He had a huge.. no TWO huge stacks of games set aside and was continuously going through the pile looking for games.

So I had to keep a low profile. Didn't want him knowing there was another collector loose or I'd be up cripple creek if you catch my drift. By which I mean he'd take all the good games and leave me with the leftovers.

But he was there for 10 minutes after I went in. I just kept looking over the SNES and NES games waiting for the guy to leave. I kept wishing evil thoughts on him. Maybe a heart attack or a change of mind. But no. He finished. Carried over 4 huge stacks of games one at a time to the counter. And checked out with almost $150 worth of Genesis games.

God only knows what I missed by leaving work late like I did. Not that there was much there to start with. I didn't see many good games when I was there on Wednesday either. But still. Now all that's left is really badly beaten up games or ripped labels. I could see a game I want really bad but the label is in such a condition it's not worth it.

God only knows what other stores he's already pillaged in his wake. The clerks said he might just be going through town, and I hope so, if I have competition, this ain't gonna be pretty.

Why he couldn't have been going through the NES shelf is beyond me. Why did it have to be Genesis???

I keep praying for some guy to bring in a box full of games and restock the thing. I REALLY need Sonic 3.

On the bright side, it gave me tiome to really look over the SNES rack. I found two games I really wanted, Super Off-Road and True Lies. As well as Super R-Type (Which is really cool on my emulator) and the Street Fighter II I mentioned in my other thread.

*sigh*

:lol: This is poetry.

Nobody likes a gamehog.. :x

*rounds up posse to dole out some justice*

I met one of the Columbus "sumguys" a few weeks ago...turns out, it's the guy I usually buy stuff from at the Expo...too bad he closed his shop down now.  I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I was gone for a whole month, so I never got a chance to buy any of his stuff???

The guy at the Expo is gone? Is this the guy that was on the right hand side toward the back? Obviously I haven't been there in over a month.

are you talking about that asshat at the southland expo, that has all those boxes and systems out, but when you ask him for a price he says that its "not for sale?"

that guy bugs the shit out of me

although i got my revenge, one of his lackeys was working the counter on a friday, and there was a virtual boy w/o the stand just sitting in a generic box. I asked the guy how much it was, and he said i could have it for 15 bucks. My friend was also with me, told me after i bought it that he had asked about it a month earlier, and the guy that ran the booth said it wasnt for sale... MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Yes on both accounts cvga and chris...

I went to that booth all the time, the systems were never for sale because he used them to keep his kids quiet when they were at the booth :) He'd usually have a few older things that interested me at reasonable prices (I was working on cleaning out his 3DO stuff before I had to stop for a month). Last week I went to that booth first, and his kids were emptying it out...

Not a huge loss since there is that booth right at the front that isn't too bad...but they don't have 2600 or O2 carts :( But they do have a couple Sega CD games I need, so BACK OFF!!! :)

i used to cringe at the thought of rivals scooping up the games before i got there. then i decided to do something about it, i formed a local trade group. sure i still get beat to some great finds but i have a good relationship with nearly every collector withen a 100 mile radius of me. that means i'll be first in line when they find the 2cnd copy of something and i'll give them something they need as well. unless the person is a dedicated ebay whore they'd probably welcome the chance to meet and trade with people who share their passion for old games. i've gathered more games this way than i could have ever found on my own. there seem to be a few of you in this thread trolling the same grounds, think about teaming up and trading lists...its always better to know them than to not.

Not a huge loss since there is that booth right at the front that isn't too bad...but they don't have 2600 or O2 carts :(  But they do have a couple Sega CD games I need, so BACK OFF!!!  :)

M u s t b u y a l l S e g a C D g a m e s. . .

Actually that's one system I'm not collecting for so knock yourself out :)

I'd take overpriced over lack of. It's sad. I'm just on the NES and SNES now as the Genesis and DC are practically empty. I bought two new DC games today for a grand total of $1.98. NFL 2K and NFL 2K1 (The first was $.49. Can you guess what the second was?) I'll get 2K3 hopefully tomorrow or so to complete the group.

The rest of the DC games just aren't worth it right now or are too expensive. As are the Genesis games. And the SNES and NES games are practically mine. (Aside from the sumguy who keeps buying the boxed games someone drops off.)

Well, I try to be fast in my picking. Plus I don't have 150.00 to blow to. The big question is. Was he a collector or one of those evil people that purchase soley to make a buck. I don't know about you guys. But, I have most of the games I want. Sure their is always more. But, I'll always find them.

Laters,

Josh

Yeah, you've got to watch that Sumguy. Your GameStops must be fairly reasonable on their prices. Judging from the ones I've been in I think 4 huge stacks of Super Mario/Duckhunt and Genesis EA sports games would cost more than $150. :D

One of the sumguys around here screwed himself pretty bad on some Atari stuff at an antique store close to my home. Actually it's so bad I almost hope the dealer took it all home instead of selling it for the prices he had on it. It was maybe $125-$150 worth of pretty common stuff, but with a combined pricetag of over $500. Unless he came down on his prices....all I know is he wasn't negotiable when I contacted him.

*sigh*

Dude, nice story. The next time you go to that store, stick in a piece of paper into the box of games with a note threatening him to never come back again. :D

I've encountered quite a few sumguys. I've been on both sides of the story though. One time I beat someone to a bunch of 5200 games at a thrift. There were some rarer one's like Rescue on Fractalus and Pitfall II. He approached me after I had already gone through the bag to see what was left. Another time I was at a flea market wjen I noticed a guy looking through a huge box of 2600 games. I bumped up right next to him and dug with 'em. Unfortunately, he already got the good stuff. I don't remember what he go. All I got was a stupid 2600 Bugs. I was pretty steamed. :x