IGNORED

OoeyGUI v4.0 Released!

Shift838

1 hour ago, mizapf said:

Now tell me: Isn't that a kind of magic? ;-)

I was using the DFORMAT tool and even though it claims to doDouble sided but it does not.

I have since found out I can create a disk image with TIIMAGETOOL or TI99DIR and mount it.  Then go into the Filer and Zero it, select the appropriate block size for the size and it works.  

I created a DS/DD with TI99DIR and did the Zero option within Filer and set the size to 1440 and it all works.  I have since put all the UCSD diskettes onto one.

Question:  Has anyone been able to run "OoeyGUI "with Raspberry PI OS running "Bullseye" (64-bit and/or 32-bit)?

My current SD card got corrupted.  Since I was using a PI 4, I thought I would try the new 64-bit version of PI OS Bullseye. I ran into a brick wall with it. ?

Next, I decided to try the 32-bit version of Bullseye.  I downloaded the latest OoeyGUI for RPi and was able to get it to run.  I let it download and installed Mame (no real problems).   Set up a "Fav1" machine (pretty stock 4A with TI peripherals and Extended BASIC.   I clicked the "Launch Button" and nothing would happen.    I reviewed the log file and it showed it accessed the "mame.ini" and then the "plug-ins".  BTW, the "TI Image Tool" would run from OoeyGUI.

I could start Mame using "./mame".  and get the TI to boot with a cartridge. 

I played around with permissions, etc. with both Ooey and Mame with no success.

Finally, I managed to find an archived SD card image of Buster that had everything on it and working.    Everything is working.

I would like to move to the newest OS at some point.  Just wish I could figure out what went wrong?

David G

11 minutes ago, dgrissom said:

Question:  Has anyone been able to run "OoeyGUI "with Raspberry PI OS running "Bullseye" (64-bit and/or 32-bit)?

My current SD card got corrupted.  Since I was using a PI 4, I thought I would try the new 64-bit version of PI OS Bullseye. I ran into a brick wall with it. ?

Next, I decided to try the 32-bit version of Bullseye.  I downloaded the latest OoeyGUI for RPi and was able to get it to run.  I let it download and installed Mame (no real problems).   Set up a "Fav1" machine (pretty stock 4A with TI peripherals and Extended BASIC.   I clicked the "Launch Button" and nothing would happen.    I reviewed the log file and it showed it accessed the "mame.ini" and then the "plug-ins".  BTW, the "TI Image Tool" would run from OoeyGUI.

I could start Mame using "./mame".  and get the TI to boot with a cartridge. 

I played around with permissions, etc. with both Ooey and Mame with no success.

Finally, I managed to find an archived SD card image of Buster that had everything on it and working.    Everything is working.

I would like to move to the newest OS at some point.  Just wish I could figure out what went wrong?

David G

I have not certified the OoeyGUI 4.x with bullseye yet.  It may take a recompile to do that.  I need to load up a Bullseye 32bit and 64biyt OS.  Neither were available yet at the time of the compile.  I know there are quite a few limitations with the 64bit, especially around supported software packages.  I have not verified all the packages that are used within OoeyGUI are even available on the 64bit OS for RPi yet.

Just now, Shift838 said:

I have not certified the OoeyGUI 4.x with bullseye yet.  It may take a recompile to do that.  I need to load up a Bullseye 32bit and 64biyt OS.  Neither were available yet at the time of the compile.  I know there are quite a few limitations with the 64bit, especially around supported software packages.  I have not verified all the packages that are used within OoeyGUI are even available on the 64bit OS for RPi yet.

No problem.  I've encountered a number of issues with Bullseye with other applications.  It will take a while for the software to catch up.  Meanwhile, Raspberry PI Org seems to be pushing hard for users to move to the latest version. ?