IGNORED

stupus emerson arcadia 2001 & clones collection

stupus

I have been collecting for the emerson arcadia and its many clone systems for about 15-20 years. This is such an interesting system to collect for as it is probably the system with the most clone systems out there. And its origin is probably one of the most mysterious.

I have been documenting the clones and at last count there are 43 different versions of this system that at best was not at all popular. And the strangest thing about it is that most of the clones had their own set of the games in their own unique packaging. Many of the same games were available on multiple clones but some of them had exclusive games to that particular clone. And in the usa we only got 22 of the 55 known unique titles total that got released across all the different systems. While the games are all compatible rom wise, between the 43 versions there are 5 different cart slot pinouts....meaning not ever type can fit in every other model.

To my knowledge this will be the first picture of a collection where someone has collected a unique game of every single title across all the systems. And they are all in box! And all cib except for a manual for macross by bandai...can anyone help me with that 1 piece!!! Hahaha

Here is all 55 known titles pictured with the emerson ntsc model we got here in the usa.

PSX_20201207_233909.thumb.jpg.27c069d5cdb94a1d49813cc032cb2d5d.jpg

PSX_20201207_234237.thumb.jpg.c3fe90bced5a90cbfe6e69f2bb2b2ae2.jpg

PSX_20201207_234109.thumb.jpg.73cd3c1c06a0ab7866947fdc5a6c7691.jpg

There were 41 silver box games. These were the games that worked on the models like the emerson and used the same box design format.

4 of these were made by bandai and the rest are presumed to be made by UAL- Universal Appliances Limited.

There were 11 more titles that were unique to the mpt 03 and mpt 04 consoles.

Then 3 more that were unique to the palladium/polybrain/trackton/mr. Altus consoles. These are the 3 in the black boxes.

1 title is lexikon - dictionary. This was an interesting game that you put smaller carts into the side of the main cart to convert english words back and forth from german. I assume they planned to make mini carts for other languages to go with it but never did.

I have many more games for the various clone systems that i can hopefully document here more later.

But this is particularly neat to see a complete set of every known unique title.

Enjoy! :)

• Like 9

Wow, very nice!  Especially that 3D Attack.  It’s definitely an interesting line to collect.  I’ve focused on US titles only and even that’s a bear to finish.  I’m surprised there were so many licensed arcade titles outside the US.  I also had no idea a version of Crazy Climber was released.  My favorite game!   I’m gonna guess that one’s tough to find??

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

Wow, very nice!  Especially that 3D Attack.  It’s definitely an interesting line to collect.  I’ve focused on US titles only and even that’s a bear to finish.  I’m surprised there were so many licensed arcade titles outside the US.  I also had no idea a version of Crazy Climber was released.  My favorite game!   I’m gonna guess that one’s tough to find??

Thanks Bill! Yes even the usa set is hard because of 3 titles. It seems they really planned to rip off alot of titles but the got in trouble and never released those in the usa or canada and the couple they did they altered the name and a bit of code.

Yes crazy climber got releases for the various mpt 03 and mpt 04 systems.

It is definitely 1 of the hardest titles to find. And being a popular game makes it even more desirable.

4 hours ago, krslam said:

That is a beautiful collection, and must have been a real pain to acquire.  How many of the 43+ console variations do you own?

Thanks! It was a long journey to finish it and even a lot of research to understand it all. A lot of hunting for sure!

I just double checked my list and its actually 44 versions now i know of.

Of those i currently have 29. And all are boxed but 2. Of the 16 i dont have the majority is mpt 03 variants.

Edited by stupus
  • Like 1

Now this is what I call a collection! :)

Very nicely done and superbly displayed! As one of the few to have gotten the full US set, I really appreciate all the effort that must have gone into getting a copy of every single worldwide release. I doubt that I'd be able to obtain a copy of every single Arcadia game. I'd pretty much have to be at it for the same amount of decades it took to amass all of these gems. The pictures here show one of the all-time best Arcadia collections, likely the very best one ever!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blazing Lazers said:

Very nicely done and superbly displayed! As one of the few to have gotten the full US set, I really appreciate all the effort that must have gone into getting a copy of every single worldwide release. I doubt that I'd be able to obtain a copy of every single Arcadia game. I'd pretty much have to be at it for the same amount of decades it took to amass all of these gems. The pictures here show one of the all-time best Arcadia collections, likely the very best one ever!

Thanks Jack! It was an amazing amount of hunting and luck and contacts.

I dont think i could do it now. I just never see at least 1/4 of these even for sale.

Glad i focused on the oddball stuff when i did and then came back at the more commonly seen systems in the later years.

As far as i know i dont think any other collector even has every cart. Let alone all boxed and all but 1 cib.

Its nice to finally see this systems game set in 1 picture :)

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Blazing Lazers said:

I finally picked up a nice copy of Space Mission and thought I’d finished the US collection.  Totally forgot that my Spiders is a Schmid copy. Guess I’ll need to get an Emerson copy of that to truly finish my set. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

I finally picked up a nice copy of Space Mission and thought I’d finished the US collection.  Totally forgot that my Spiders is a Schmid copy. Guess I’ll need to get an Emerson copy of that to truly finish my set. 

Cool! Spiders is a pretty hard 1 for emerson. The canadian leisurevision release is easier to find and at least matches the other boxes.

I've always wondered about the Emerson Arcadia 2001 line, but because the UK direct versions like the Rowtron I've never found in the wild, I kind of never bothered. But look on ebay today and what is there.. a Rowtron! Sigh, to buy or not.

Is there much information available on which games came out where for the Arcadia 2001 size cartridges?

Edit: I'm still totally confused whether acetronic and its clones is a true Arcadia 2001 machine or not XD I have the entire acetronic line bar a couple of games, and I have a multicard with the Interton games included which didn't release - but still play on the acetronic. 

Edited by Mikebloke
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mikebloke said:

I've always wondered about the Emerson Arcadia 2001 line, but because the UK direct versions like the Rowtron I've never found in the wild, I kind of never bothered. But look on ebay today and what is there.. a Rowtron! Sigh, to buy or not.

Is there much information available on which games came out where for the Arcadia 2001 size cartridges?

Edit: I'm still totally confused whether acetronic and its clones is a true Arcadia 2001 machine or not XD I have the entire acetronic line bar a couple of games, and I have a multicard with the Interton games included which didn't release - but still play on the acetronic. 

If you mean the rowtron teleng this is not a arcadia clone. Thats a general insturments pong on a chip variant.

Rowtron did make a mpt03 system so it uses only those style carts. About 30 games in that set. Not compatible with any of the silver box emerson style games, or mpt04 or palladium stuff. The rowtron mpt03 is 1 of the ones i dont have. So many mpt03 systems are almost identical so it makes them a little less exciting to go after every one.

There is some info online about what games came out for what. But i probably have the most info of anyone on that in my records. Happy to answer questions on any of that stuff :)

The acetronic/interton/radofin stuff is not arcadia compatible. Totally different system often confused with the arcadia clones. A similar system but totally not compatible. Some bad info on that circles the webs.

edit: seems i mis spoke a bit. The straight teleng system is the pong on a chip type sdxx system. The rowtron teleng is indeed a radofin 1292/interton clone. This is odd as the rowtron teleng even has a sd90 label on the bottom. But apparently even rowtron was not sure what the hell game system they were cloning lol

Edited by stupus
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
41 minutes ago, Christopher Senz said:

A belated congratulations to you man. A collection well earned. I’m still in my journey to finish my mpt-03 collection even after all these years lol

Thanks! Im still after a couple mpt03 items too. Some very hard ones!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Benny78 said:

Hi.I have a copy of Leonardo Gig Spiders game (Italian Clone of Arcadia 2001) listed on ebay. If someone is interested, take a look. 

Ps I Have also; Soccer, Turtle turpin and others game 

For gig brand i need these fullgames if you or anyone have any:

Super gobbler

Red clash

Breakaway

Brain quiz

Escape

Space raiders

English manual only:

Crazy gobbler

Italian manuals only:

Crazy gobbler

Robot killer

Baseball

Tanks a lot

Pleiades 

Spiders

Astro invader

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 3/23/2021 at 4:46 PM, stupus said:

For gig brand i need these fullgames if you or anyone have any:

Super gobbler

Red clash

Breakaway

Brain quiz

Escape

Space raiders

English manual only:

Crazy gobbler

Italian manuals only:

Crazy gobbler

Robot killer

Baseball

Tanks a lot

Pleiades 

Spiders

Astro invader

Thanks!

Stupus - if you can pm me.  I cannot get a pm note to you for some reason.  

thx!