IGNORED

A Christmas I'd dearly love to see, but sadly is not in my future...

Omega-TI

5 minutes ago, cbmeeks said:

How many of those were made?

I bet they are difficult to find.

According to Ninerpedia 150, but I think I've heard only 50 working ones are known to exist, which may be in error.  Hopefully someone more knowledgeable on the matter like @Ksarul will jump in.

I've seen a couple show up on eBay over the years, but I'm not even in the running at the prices they go for.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Omega-TI said:

Do you have want you'll probably never see?

I feel like the last several years have really come through, as far as fulfilling my TI-99 wants goes in just about every way.

- The TIPI is a dream, which I suppose most crucially allows me to manipulate TI files from a connected PC without interrupting anything the TI is doing. 

- The FinalGROM really is the final answer in TI flash cartridge functionality.

- XB256 offers a lot of great new tools for Extended BASIC programming, and in particular, a good option for compiled XB.

- The F18A is both a compelling upgrade to the 9918A and an RGB output solution.

- The MBX is a fascinating toy which I didn't really expect I'd find, due to scarcity and price, but managed to acquire for cheap.

- SAMS is available as a cheap convenient sidecar and has new software coming out for it. 

Seriously, what more could I ask for?  I'm kind of short on unfulfilled TI-99 wants, at this point :P

I don't know if I'd really want a TI-99/8, if I'm being honest with myself.  Writing programs for a platform with no user base doesn't seem very appealing.  And others are far better equipped to study and document the machine. 

• Like 1