IGNORED

JagFest @ AGE Report

Albert

JagFestAGE_Report.jpgJagFest and Austin Gaming Expo organizer Tim Wilson has put together a report detailing his experiences running the recent JagFest @ AGE. This most recent JagFest event drew together many Jaguar fans for the opportunity to compete in Jaguar tournaments, view rare prototype Jaguar hardware and software on display, and purchase Jaguar and Lynx merchandise. Tim describes the Tempest 2000 and BattleSphere tournaments, unreleased Jaguar games such as Robinson's Requiem, rare Jaguar prototype hardware, general observations about AGE, and more! You can read the full report (illustrated with pictures) here.

Awesome report! 8)

Were they using regular controllers at the Tempest 2000 tourney or rotary controllers? And if they were rotary, were they Tyrant's, Jedi Jeff's or other homebrews? Those were some pretty high scores so I was wondering... :ponder:

No rotary controllers were on hand for the tournaments, everyone used a standard Jag Pad.

Wow, those are exceptional scores using a standard controller. My highest score is about half of Mr. Jimenez's, and I use a rotary.. 8)

I don't remember seeing the Amiga 3000 at Goodwill's Computerworks table. I would have snatched it up quick if I had..... Was there any other Amiga hardware besides the 3000 and the monitor?

There was also an Amiga 500, and Amiga 2000, and an Amiga RGB monitor (don't remember which model) besides the A3000 and the multisync monitor, from what I remember. I'm surprised you didn't see the A3000, it was there for a while before Greg snatched it up! I was still tempted to grab that A2000, but I think my wife would kill me if I brought yet another classic computer home. :D

It was so crowded there I could barely see anything. I remember looking at the computer museum, but I didn't see anything for sale. If I had known stuff could be bought there, I would have snatched up their Vectrex!

One thing that made me cringe was seeing stupid little kids beating on hardware in the Atari Museum. Some kid kept f***ing with the Atari Game Brain until I told him to cut it out. AFTER I pointed out the numerous signs saying 'Do Not Touch' did the little bastard's father tell them "Now, don't touch those, boys". It's those kind of kids that make me believe in the benefits of child abuse.

Hey Sauron,

Great review and thanks for the props. I have learned a little bit about creating Jaguar CD's so hopefully future demos at the shows will be less buggy. I heard RR and BIWN Rev 23 both crashed at times. I can assure you and everyone else, the originals don't. I've tried various copying programs and just haven't been able to get perfect copies (darn Jaggy CD's).

The good news on RR is I also have the original PC master file CD which I can use to burn "flawless" copies. It's a little bit of a pain, but Glenn is an "expert" at it and I'm sure will be happy to help when the time comes. :)

Again, great review, wish I could have been there!

Jason

Ahh man....I wish I would've went. I can't believe the top score for the Tempest 2000 Tournament was that low. I can do that in my sleep :P  :D

Yeah, I wish I had the time to enter the tournament! I love Tempest 2000, although I don't remember what kind of scores I'm capable of achieving. :)

..Al