IGNORED

Collision registers and Color Values

Cafeman

HITCLR EQU $C01E ;Collision registers clear

What is the purpose of this GTIA memory address?

Also, after detecting a collision, is it necessary to reset registers in any way?

My main character is Player0 and Player1, one of the lightning bolts is Player2. I detect if Player2 has collided with Player0 for a death routine, however, it seems that something happens sometimes where the check fails.

I can only guess that perhaps Player2 Lighting might have collided with Player1 (part of Koffi character) and set the switch differently; or perhaps something else?

[ 10-15-2001: Message edited by: Cafeman ]

You second question answers your first Any collisions that occur in a frame will set the appropriate collision bit which will stay set until you write to HITCLR. Since collisions can occur anywhere in the frame it's a good idea to check for them during VBLANK, then write HITCLR before the end of VBLANK.

Dan

Here is another color question.

I recall in Atari BASIC, that I could use Setcolor to (for example) modify a color from Dark Red to Light Red.

Is there some way to vary intensity in Antic E, a 4-color mode? Right now I load a #$xx value into a color register. I assume that modifying a certain bit might change the intensity / brightness put keep the same hue? Then again, I never used ANtic E in BASIC.

To determine the color of a player use the chart:

code:

0 - Grey 8 - Blue

1 - Gold 9 - Light blue

2 - Orange 10 - Turquoise

3 - Red-orange 11 - Green -blue

4 - Pink 12 - Green

5 - Purple 13 - Yellow-green

6 - Lavender (I think) 14 - Orange-green

7 - Blue 15 - Light orange

and use the formula player color = color number * 16 + brightness (luminance)

The brightness should be an even number from 0 to 14. The exact hue of the color may vary according to how the TV or monitor is adjusted.