IGNORED

CGE/Jagfest - Will Airport X-Ray Ruin Video Games?

Atari Smeghead

Hello, your friendly neighborhood Smeghead here.

I was in the shower this morning, and I had a thought:

Did I already wash this part of my body? :ponder:

I was distracted cuz I got to thinking, if I pile all of my newly acquired Jaguar games into my suitcase, will the airport's security XRay machine cause any damage to them?

After all, I understand that the machine they use to XRay suitcases can ruin film. But, can they do anything to CDs or cartridges?

Anybody have first hand experience, who KNOWS it's safe or not? (Maybe Carl or Bruce/Cathy, or some other retailer who's gone to shows with a huge stockpile of games.)

Thanks for any insite you can give.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, I decided to rewash, y'know, in case I missed a spot. :roll: :D

No worries, it won't hurt 'em a bit. I'm flying to CGE this year, but am leaving the hardware behind (other than the Jag 2 which Glenn is bringing down). I'm more concerned with the airport losing or destroying a bag with Jag goodies in it. I wish I was driving, but just don't have the time this year.

The good news is, it appears that I might be leaving the Bay Area for Las Vegas permanently in the next couple months. I have a job offer down that way. We will have one heck of a Jagfest next year if that's the case! :)

Jason

I'm more concerned with the airport losing or destroying a bag with Jag goodies in it.  

Thats what I have always feared. Guess i'll just have to wait for the next Philly Classic or if theres a Jagfest around Maryland.If im going to be going anywhere with my Jag stuff its going to be by car.

Thanks, guys, for easing my worried mind. I figured it was unfounded, but I wanted to hear it from people in the know. :D

Course, now I have to worry about what the baggage handlers will do to my stuff... :sad:

It's still not gonna stop me from spending like a maniac! Hehe!

See ya there!!

One word: Carryon. (Or is that two words?)

Carrion... now THAT's one word! Tho I doubt anyone'll want to sit near me if I bring carrion luggage... heh.

But seriously, yeah... I'm gonna hafta decide, at the end of my Vegas stay, do I put 'em in the suitcase and hope for the best, or do I stuff 'em in the overhead compartment and hope no one tries to cram a big bag on top of it. Have ya SEEN an idiot trying to cram a too-big bag into one of those things? It's only funny if you're not directly involved.

Just don't buy anything you can't carry

Well..individually, it won't be a problem. But my list of probable purchases is growing, and I ain't even there yet! In fact, I just found $40 on the sidewalk on the way home from work today, so I can buy even more stuff! :D

-----------------

Well hey, this'll be the last time I check this site before I fly out, so I hope I'll get a chance to meet some of ya at CGE!

Randy

But seriously, yeah... I'm gonna hafta decide, at the end of my Vegas stay, do I put 'em in the suitcase and hope for the best, or do I stuff 'em in the overhead compartment and hope no one tries to cram a big bag on top of it.  Have ya SEEN an idiot trying to cram a too-big bag into one of those things? It's only funny if you're not directly involved.

I don't live in America ;) But seriously, what about the 'forgotten' storage space under the seat in front? compromises your legroom a little but it's hardly an 11-hour flight ;)

Well hey, this'll be the last time I check this site before I fly out, so I hope I'll get a chance to meet some of ya at CGE!

Well, you won't see that then...nevermind...:ponder::D

Stone

...what about the 'forgotten' storage space under the seat in front? compromises your legroom a little but it's hardly an 11-hour flight ;)

Stone

Actually, that's what I did with my little carry-on bag, stuffed to the breaking point with Jaguar and Lynx products! I felt safer having it with me, and in a place where I was the only one who could cause my stuff any damage.

...and it all arrived in tip-top shape! Yay! :D