IGNORED

Season 18 Round 11 of 15 - Ms. Pac-Man (Tengen)

asponge

38 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

Wooooooh! Level 13 is a repeat of one of the hardest ones I think. Deciding when to lay off the pac-boost is necessary for me to clear those dots, otherwise the lack of walls just kills me. I was lucky enough to grab both the bonuses before I bit the dust for a new personal best! I'm gonna be collecting highs for this game forever. Between arcade, mini, big, and strange, plus pac-boost variations, and the difficulty setting, there are so many scores to go for. Then you add in two player co-op and competitive, wow. There's a lot of bang for your buck in this one.

172,530 lvl 13

Amazing work, cortex.  ?

• Thanks 1

That’s it for me. Great round, thanks for pushin’ me @Razzie.P. And glad to see the emulator working @bubufubu, that was pretty funny. Of course, thanks to @asponge for introducing me to one helluva port of my favorite game. 

These strange levels were a lot of fun to play, and I’m looking forward to making my way through all the levels to see what’s up next. I’ll probably need all those continues and a good co-op partner to pull that off. 

A few thoughts on some of the strange levels:

- Level 5, apple, usually costs me a life. The ghosts get hung up in the top loop and it’s hard coaxing them down in order to clean it out. 

- Level 6, pear, takes a lot of careful movements, usually kills me, but if I get both pears, I’m happy. 

- I love that there’s an original pac-man inspired maze.

- I love that one says toobin’ and play klax ?

- Level 12 with all the circle walls is such a mind bender, but during my best run I was able to lead the ghosts far away from where I wanted to be, which is good. 

PS- this felt like a mix between a sequel to Ms. Pac-Man and developer experiments/cutting room floor levels. I also remembered that the game gear version had some crazy levels that weren’t in the arcade. Might have to go revisit that one. I remember playing with the game genie on that one as a kid to see how long I could go. I only remember seeing some pretty weird levels. 

Edited by fakecortex
Ps

16 hours ago, fakecortex said:

Wooooooh! Level 13 is a repeat of one of the hardest ones I think. Deciding when to lay off the pac-boost is necessary for me to clear those dots, otherwise the lack of walls just kills me. I was lucky enough to grab both the bonuses before I bit the dust for a new personal best! I'm gonna be collecting highs for this game forever. Between arcade, mini, big, and strange, plus pac-boost variations, and the difficulty setting, there are so many scores to go for. Then you add in two player co-op and competitive, wow. There's a lot of bang for your buck in this one.

172,530 lvl 13

Awesome job!   I spent some time trying to top this after you posted, but couldn't run it down.

• Thanks 1