IGNORED

Atari Falcon Splash Screen...

Splash screens really weren't a big deal back then. I think the Mac was one of the only machines to have any kind of "Splash" screen and that was just a small Mac in the middle of the screen. I guess the first videogame console to have a "splash" screen was the Intellivision? Hell, most PCs these days still don't have any type of splash screen. :)

..Al

I think such a nice colorfull pic. would have been great.

But it takes more memory (need bigger roms then)

It probably doesn't work or looks ok on all monitor types you can connect to the Falcon. It slows booting down even further.

Who really looks at the splash screen anyhow. Most people start hitting the keys to bypass the bootsequence as soon something happens on their screen.

I don't think memory is/was/or would have been an issue... 50k isn't all that much really. Slowing down? nah..... maybe by a sec :)

Your right about connected to every monitor it wouldn't look good, because it would just just as ugly if you plugged a B&W Monitor into it.

VGA / RGB / TV would have looked just fine tho!

I'm not really sure what the big deal with B&W was anyways other

then affordability, but I look at it was why buy a convertible if you never use the droptop!? ;)

Each step add's an expereicnce to a user, either positive or negative, then you got people that just don't care regardless.

Well... I look at the splash screen obviously ;) I see it every time I boot the damn thing, haha.... and, there's not much in the way of bypassing the Falcon's bootscreen very quickly.

I have too much time on my hands ;) hahaha (too bad that's really not the case but...)

:P

The Jaguar and Jagcd splash screens are still the best I've ever seen, and I've seen them all pretty much; definately the best out of what I own (see bottom). If the Intellivision had one it wasn't very memorable, I did own one at one time you know...the 5200's is my favorite on a "golden age" console/computer.

• 2 weeks later...
The Jaguar and Jagcd splash screens are still the best I've ever seen, and I've seen them all pretty much; definately the best out of what I own (see bottom).

PS1! Mwahahahahaha!!!

Kidding! Put down the gun!

I rather like the japanese Master System's "no cartridge" screen, actually.

Actual splash screens almost invariably annoy me. They're usually just too long(see: PlayStation).

If the Intellivision had one it wasn't very memorable, I did own one at one time you know...

It was really bland. Nasty dark green screen with colored blocks in a stripe on the top and Mattel Electronics Pressents Game Title in the middle. And a copyright date.

Like this:

b17title.jpg

the 5200's is my favorite on a "golden age" console/computer.
Yah. Nice and simple, while at the same time looking good.

All it needs is a dash of sound(similar to Sega's famous 2-note chime).

the 5200's is my favorite on a "golden age" console/computer.
Yah. Nice and simple, while at the same time looking good.

All it needs is a dash of sound(similar to Sega's famous 2-note chime).

Hey, isn't the 5200 splash screen updated for the Y2K problem changable? I wonder if you could add a simple couple of notes to it. That would be cool. They should have done this with centipede by adding the centipede sound as the word 'Centipede' scrolls off the screen.

Allan

• 3 months later...
]yes me on my ct060  :D  

first you have this ct060 splash screen

ct060a.png

and after the patched F030 splash screen

ct060b.png

(this snap was not from me, thx to F. LAFABRIE for this one )

Wow, I completely missed that!

Pretty awesome! (though it's kinda hard to see the screen) but from

what I can see it's nice!! :)

(Me wants CT60 :)

• 2 weeks later...