IGNORED

Your current addiction

Happy_Dude

I'v spent the last 4 days playing thrust in emulation and Circus Atari on real hardware. :)

But today I went to my mailbox and what should I happen to find but a

padded envolope. This can only mean one thing. My copy of Kaboom! had arrived.

I ran inside and tore open the envolope (making sure I can re-use it of course ;) )

I imidiatly put the cart in my 7800 and have been playing non-stop ever since :D

I'v yet to crack 2000 but I'm close (1855)

So what is your current addiction ?

I'v spent the last 4 days playing thrust in emulation ...

How far did you get :?:

Far enough to know I'm buying it :D

Not far past the reverse gravity (which saw my computer monitor turned upside down ;) )

All I know is I will "need" a booster grip to play this on my atari :)

btw Are you supposed to destroy the planets?

and if so how the hell can you posibly destroy the last one? I have trouble outruning level 4.

Far enough to know I'm buying it :D

:)

All I know is I will "need" a booster grip to play this on my atari :)

That may make it easier, but you get used to the standard joystick control too.

btw Are you supposed to destroy the planets?  

and if so how the hell can you posibly destroy the last one? I have trouble outruning level 4.

:idea: You don't have to. It just gives you an extra 2,000 points bonus. Level 4 is possible but very hard (too hard for me), level 6 is (of course) impossible. So, don't waste your lives on those.

Warlords!

setting 4/1, one player vs. three computers.

the Blue guy is the bane of my existance.. a very worthy opponant.. but green dude goes down immeditly, Purple guy is only difficult becouse of the angle of attack, but green and purple both have a very bad habit of killing themselves.

I need to get a warlord party going.

WOO HOO ! I broke 2000 (2616)

Have you tried dropping a bomb on purpose yet? If you time your drop right before the score reaches the next 1000, you'll be dropped down a level (makes it a little easier), and get your extra bucket almost instantly.

I've used this technique, and the scores will really start to go up. You'll be "surprising" the Mad Bomber before you know it!!! Keep up the good work!

I'm addicted to the two games I just bought, both of which I've wanted for awhile: Porky's and He-Man. While I've mastered He-Man, I'm still working on that scaffolding level in Porky's. Can't figure it out!

2600 dark cavern

Someone else likes it, too?! I've heard bad things about this game, but I always liked it. The INTV one was good, too.

2600 dark cavern is one of my all time fave 2600 games, ive played it on-an off non-stop since I bought it back in the day. I think it KILLS the inty version, and is imho the best maze shooter made, period, bar none :-) I love how fast it gets, and how frantic the ammo management aspect can make it. Just a perfect game. Great sound too.

WOO HOO ! I broke 2000 (2616)

Have you tried dropping a bomb on purpose yet? If you time your drop right before the score reaches the next 1000, you'll be dropped down a level (makes it a little easier), and get your extra bucket almost instantly.

I've used this technique, and the scores will really start to go up. You'll be "surprising" the Mad Bomber before you know it!!! Keep up the good work!

I found that out compleatly by acident. I missed the last bomb before 1000

and ended up not passing that dificulty level until 2000 :) (in other words I kept fucking up)

But damn it gets hard :D

2600 dark cavern is one of my all time fave 2600 games, ive played it on-an off non-stop since I bought it back in the day. I think it KILLS the inty version, and is imho the best maze shooter made, period, bar none :-) I love how fast it gets, and how frantic the ammo management aspect can make it. Just a perfect game. Great sound too.

Exactly. I like the INTV one, but it does move pretty slow, and if I remember correctly, you had to push different button to shoot in different directions. Perfect reason why I prefer the 2600 with it's one button :) .

My current addiction: introducing the Atari to my 9-year old stepson. The only bad thing: I had to sit through 3 solid hours of playing Maze Craze (game of Cops and Robbers). WITHOUT ANY BEER.... :(

Other addictions: getting as much info as I can on the Atari Jag and the Lynx. I'm thinking about getting these soon.

Exactly. I like the INTV one, but it does move pretty slow, and if I remember correctly, you had to push different button to shoot in different directions. Perfect reason why I prefer the 2600 with it's one button :) .

yea, u had to use the key pad to shoot. big mistake for an 'action' game.